I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 First time in Spain
- 4 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 5 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 16 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery