Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris to cdg shuttle. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-to-cdg-shuttle-445077/)

bluenoser1 Oct 6th, 2008 08:12 AM

Paris to cdg shuttle.

Fours of us need transport from Paris near the latin quarter to cdg. We are thinking of using the Air France shuttle, called shuttle inter, I think. Does anyone have any experience with them and other suggestions for a dependable shuttle service. Thanks, Neil.

Michel_Paris Oct 6th, 2008 08:23 AM

The Air france bus info can be found at

http://www.cars-airfrance.com/

Note that it is not a shuttle, in that it only goes to certain pre-determined stops. I used it my last trip, where I travelled from Montparnasse to CDG. Very nice bus,lots of room for luggage.

Depending on your final destination, you could cab or Metro from the drop off point.

For Latin Quarter, I might consider the RER train 9St Michel stop?)then Metro...or a shuttle that goes directly to your final destination.

Christina Oct 6th, 2008 08:51 AM

As far as I know, Air France doesn't run any private shuttle service to pick up people at hotels. There is a Shuttle Inter but nothing on its website suggests it is owned by Air France. Their rates are really high, anyway, you can get a taxi cheaper than that (55 euro for 1-3 people).

There are several people recommend on here, I've never used one. Bee Shuttle is one, there are a couple other. One is something like Paris Airport SHuttle and another Golden, I think.

ira Oct 6th, 2008 09:15 AM

Hi B,

A shuttle van will be about the smae price as a cab.

See
www.paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr/index_en.php
www.beeshuttle.com
www.parishuttle.com

((I))

avalon Oct 6th, 2008 09:22 AM

Shuttle Inter is a private car not a shuttle van that picks up various customers along the way.It's 65 E for 4 persons which may or may not be higher than a taxi depending on traffic conditions.

hpeabody Oct 6th, 2008 11:19 AM

bookmarking

Gretchen Oct 6th, 2008 11:19 AM

A taxi can take 4 and will cost about 50E for everything. Cheaper than a shuttle. Your hotel can order the cab--be sure to say there will be 4.

yk Oct 6th, 2008 11:36 AM

RE: taxi fare

I can only tell you our experience last October. We were in Paris during the transit worker strike, so we had to take a taxi from our hotel (in 6th eme) to CDG. We asked our hotel to call for a taxi for us, as we weren't sure if taxis would be easily available on a Sunday morning with transit strike.

Anyway, the final bill was €65. When the taxi arrived, the meter was already showing €12,90 - which is the fee started from the time the taxi was called. There is also a surcharge for a 4th passenger, and surcharge for each piece of luggage in the trunk.

So, chances are, the taxi fare would have been closer to €50 if we just waved for a taxi on the street, rather than having the hotel call for one.

StCirq Oct 6th, 2008 12:18 PM

Well, you can't just wave a taxi from the street in Paris. You need to go to a taxi stand, which are all over.

avalon Oct 6th, 2008 12:48 PM

We were caught ina massive jam during the recent strikes and our usual 50 Euro ride for 2 people ended costing us 65 Euro and the driver was trying to avoid stoppages. Even the minor roads were jammed with cyclists having to make do to get to work.

Gretchen Oct 6th, 2008 02:18 PM

As St. Cirq said, you could have walked to the taxi stand if you wanted to avoid the charge. It is an "upfront" charge--no "scam" about it. SO, everyone be ready to go when the taxi comes to the door.

yk Oct 6th, 2008 03:16 PM

Gretchen - are you replying to my response? I don't think I mentioned "scam" in my post anywhere. As I said, we were in Paris in October 2007, during the transit strike, and that's why we called ahead for a taxi, as that was the only way for us to get to the airport. I am merely pointing out to the OP that there will be an additional charge, if the OP decides to ask the hotel to call for a taxi (which is what you suggested in your post) instead of the OP walking to a taxi stand.

Gretchen Oct 7th, 2008 10:11 AM

No,no, I didn't mean you thought it waa, but it is something that not everyone knows and might think they are getting ripped off. And the other add ons. I was also reinforcing the fact that you CAN get a cab for 4 people.

Christina Oct 7th, 2008 12:48 PM

yes, in theory you can go to a taxi stand if there is one near you, but in reality, you may not get a taxi at that stand. I've seen people at the taxi stand near where I stayed recently (near Gobelins metro) that were waiting 30-45 minutes before giving up. I gave up also as I called that taxi stand by phone (which you can do) several times and no one answered. I took the metro that time, as a backup, as it was possible for me. I also called G7 taxis directly, in addition to the taxis tand itself, and they told me they had no cab available, either (this was a weekday at 9 am).

Hotels often seem to get taxis when people on the street cannot, in my experience. I've seen lots of taxi stands with no taxis at all at them a lot of the time (some of them never seem to have taxis at them). So I personally think paying a bit extra on the meter when it arrives at a hotel could be worth it if you get one. Now if you happen to see a close taxi stand with many taxis waiting at it and know you will have no problem, that's great, but it isn't often the case.

I did take a taxi from CDG to the Latin Qtr during a strike a few weeks ago (the RER from CDG had very limited service due to the strike), so the roadways were very clogged with many "bouchons". It was the most expensive ride I've taken in a taxi there due to that, and the longest, as the driver was stuck in traffic a lot. I stopped looking at the meter after a while as there wasn't anything I could do about it (luckily, the cost isn't too high for standing). Finally, the total was 61 euro, so that actually wasn't as terrible as I had feared, as usually it would be around 50. It really was a very bad traffic day on the peripherique due to the strike.