Paris to Bruges for a day trip?

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 10:52 AM
Brian

Paris to Bruges for a day trip?

I have 8 nights planned in the Paris area. We will be staying 5 nights in Paris, and 3 nights in the countryside so we can take a few day trips. We will be going to Chartres and Vaux Le Vicomte/Barbizon/Fontainbleau areas. We are thinking about heading to Bruges for a day but am not sure if it is too far for a day trip. Any comments would be great!!
Thanks

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 07:58 AM
Monica

Brian, just to let you know, I'm planning a day trip to Rouen via train in May. I had thought of Bruges, but decided that it was too far away and someone told me that Rouen was a great place to visit. I don't know when you're going, but I return the 17th of May and will be glad to post my comments.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 09:33 AM
Andria

If you went to Bruges from Paris count on 4 hours one way by train, I wouldnt call it a feasible day trip, but could be worth it if you were willing to spend 2 days there.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 05:07 PM
Brian

Hey,
Thanks for the feedback. We are going to pass on the Bruges day trip and spend the time in France, maybe head to Rouen instead. We are leaving for Paris on June 11... can't wait. It's our first trip to France.
Brian

Old Apr 13th, 1999, 05:23 AM
Monica

Brian, we return from France on 17 May. I'll post my trip here, including my trip to Rouen!