Hi all -
These forums are really so helpful, so thank you for all the advice you've offered in other threads. A few friends and I will be arriving in Paris Aug. 30 and departing Barcelona Sept. 9. We're planning several days each in Paris and Barcelona, with a few days in between to work our way through France to Barcelona (likely by train).
One of our friends very much wants to visit a medieval castle while we're there. I've done some internet searches but am thoroughly overwhelmed by options at the moment, having never been to France. Could anyone offer suggestions on where we might stop off for a few days in between Paris and France? I'm imagining taking the train somewhere and using it as our base for 2-3 days, with a trip to a castle as part of that (we're comfortable renting a car). My friend doesn't have many castle requirements, other than I think he's imagining something very old and imposing looking that we can tour and pretend like we're in Game of Thrones.
Other than that, we're super open in terms of location and other activities in the area. Just looking to explore a different part of France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ESET Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 Change of resident
- 6 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 11 Driving
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 14 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
Hi all -