Paris to Avignon TGV connection

Jan 31st, 2006, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Paris to Avignon TGV connection

Hi,
I arrive from NY to Paris at 7:55 am. There are two trains TGV from Paris CDG to Avignon, one at 10:10 and one at 11:24. Is it possible for me to catch the earlier one or should I buy the ticket for the 11:24. The PREM price is 70 Euro, is that a good price.
thanks
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:10 AM

Does your flight arrive at Terminal 2? If so, you should have no problem catching the earlier one. If you arrive at Terminal 1, it'll probably take you at least an hour to gothrough immigration, get your bags, and take the shuttle to Terminal 2 and walk to the station. Still, probably do-able, but if you want to err on the safe side I'd buy a ticket for the later train.

70 euros is pretty high for a PREM fare to Avignon. There are often 25-40 euro fares. But they may all be sold by now. When are you traveling?
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure which terminal I arrive at, I'm flying Continental and am traveling third week of February. Should I wait to see if ticket price goes down or is it pretty much set price at this point.
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:21 AM

Hi Laartista,
I arrived at CDG Terminal 2A on s Saturday morning at 9:30 and could easily walked to the TGV terminal in ~15 minutes. Customs took 10 mins. In my case I had only carry on, so I did not have to do baggage. I went to Lyon and paid 50E each way for a PREM, so I think you are paying a good fare.

Yu will see some Relay sitres, good place to pick up mags, gum,etc..
The TGV is very punctual. Lots of signage to identify the track and car (1st Class/2nd Class). Upstairs from TGV station is Paul, good place for a bite to eat and coffee.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:50 AM

If you're traveling in February, grab that PREM fare now....they'll all be gone in a heartbeat.
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Mike or anybody
So I checked the CDG website and I arrive at terminal 2A ,so 2 hours should be enough time for baggage, customs and to get to the tgv train, right?
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:16 AM

yes, that's a good amount of time for that. The only reason you shouldn't make it would be a flight delay.

That fare is a good discount off first class, which I assume you must want (it's usually around 125 euro). It's about the same as the regular fare for second class. Even though your timing should be no problem, I've been on enough delayed overnight flights to Europe so that I would place my money on a different bet -- I'd either use the 70 euro to buy a refundable, exchangeable second class ticket or buy the cheaper second class PREM (which should be around 55 euro).

First class is nice, though, and that is a fairly safe schedule.
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Yeah, I didn't think about a flight delay. I guess I should just play it safe and take the 11:24 train. Besides it's not like there's nothing to do at cdg for 3 hours.

thanks

Search this Thread