Paris: the things I didn't buy...

Aug 28th, 1999, 09:11 PM
Nancy

Paris: the things I didn't buy...

I returned from Paris in May, and I have been kicking myself ever since then for all those mementoes that I didn't buy (no room in my suitcase). In particular, reproductions of the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory, the Thinker or /and the Kiss. I searched and found a site that sold very large reproductions but I just WANT one to place on my table, maybe 8"-12" high. Any ideas of how I could obtain something like this in the states, thru the mail or internet? I would be forever grateful.

Aug 29th, 1999, 07:29 AM
howard

Is there a branch of The Museum Store (I think that's the name) in any city or shopping center near you? I'm from the New York area and I know there's one on Fifth Avenue and in shopping malls in the Greater New York area. They sell reproductions and I've seen some of the classic sculptures there. I believe that it's a collaborative of several leading museums. It's worth a try.

Aug 29th, 1999, 10:55 AM
Mary

Nancy,

Short of going back to Paris to buy the things you didn't, why not make a trip to EPCOT? They have some wonderful souvenirs there.

Aug 29th, 1999, 02:59 PM
Donna

We were at the Museum Store in Boston today where all of the items you mentioned were on display, in several sizes. I, personally, thought they were pricey, and not perhaps perfect copies. They do have a catalog. You might try www.boston.sidewalk.com and look them up in the yellow pages for a phone number/website.

Aug 30th, 1999, 01:50 AM
Inky

Hehehe...you said it, Mary !!

Nancy, at least it means your house has some more space for keepsakes and curios from around the world.

What next, I wonder? Shrunken heads from Papua New Guinea? Part of the Step Pyramid of Zoser? Hitler's shin bone? A cannonball from Sevastopol? The list is endless!

Aug 30th, 1999, 05:44 AM
elaine

Hi
Maybe these gift shop websites will help

www.boutique.musee-orsay.fr
http://boutique.louvre.fr
www.allthingsfrench.com

good luck