I'm planning a trip for next September, starting in Paris on the 17th and ending in Rome the 2nd of October. We are a family of four, we have twin 6 year old daughters.
My initial plan is as follows:
- Three days in Paris: Explore the city and then train to Switzerland.
- Six days in Switzerland: here we want to go straight to the Alps. First Bernese Oberland (Wengen or Muerren probably) for three days and then go to Saas Fee or Zermatt for another three days. Then train to Italy.
- Six days in Italy: Pickup a car in the north and the drive to Genova, then drive to Rome stopping for overnights in towns or villages.
So here are my questions:
- Does this make sense or is it too ambitius?
- What is the best way (cheapest and fastest) to go from Paris to BO?
- Should we buy a travel pass in Switzerland? If so, which one?
- Which city in Italy is near Switzerland where we can rent a car?
Sorry if my spelling is incorrect as I'm from Argentina and I'm not fluent in English.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 3 Easter Week in Italy
- 4 2 week May trip with kids
- 5 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 6 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 7 Airport Transfer
- 8 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 9 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 10 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 11 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 14 Which Aran Island??
- 15 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 16 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 17 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 Moscow Hotels
- 21 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Dublin to Donegal
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo