Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris - Sushi on Rue Ste. Anne? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-sushi-on-rue-ste-anne-683383/)

DaveBrad Feb 27th, 2007 06:08 AM

Paris - Sushi on Rue Ste. Anne?

Okay, I know I'm going to get flak for this ("Why would you go for Japanese food in PARIS?"), but I've recently acquired a taste for sushi and I've heard that there are some good (and reasonably priced) Japanese restaurants on Rue Ste. Anne, which is only a couple of blocks from where we'll be staying when we visit Paris in April. This is my first trip to Paris and I'll definitely experience French cuisine, but I don't get to have good Sushi very often (the suburbs of DC don't offer much), so I thought we might check out Rue Ste. Anne one day for lunch or dinner.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Where do you go in Paris when you've got a yen (sorry...couldn't resist) for sushi?
Thanks!

Lydio Feb 27th, 2007 06:20 AM

I like Bizan or Yasube - both on Rue St. Anne.

Travelnut Feb 27th, 2007 06:20 AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but Paris is a multicultural metropolis and offers great ethnic food as well as French, so no one should be jumping on you.

kappa Feb 27th, 2007 06:28 AM

Rue St.Anne is actually a street full of Japanese restaurants, it's not a very long street but there are suprisingly many maybe 15 of them, some are specialized in sushi and many other do serve some kind of sushi. Japanese cheap but good fast food (Take away or eat in) Jujiya, a noodle house Higuma, or a japanese curry restaurant. Quite a variety of them. Last time I had a Korean lunch on this street. Somehow I have not had sushi on this street. There must be some very good ones though. A few times I went to Fujita that is not far at Rue Saint Roch 41. I'm sure there are many other good places but this is not a bad choice at all and I remember the price was quite reasonable.

phyllis_stein Feb 27th, 2007 06:39 AM

I'll be in Paris with people who don't like sushi. But I love it.

Can anyone recommend take-away places?

I know it's probably heresy, but I'm okay with buying from the grocery store here at home (one of the local stores has its own shsui chef), and I'd be interested in knowing if any of the department store food halls offers sushi in Paris.

kappa Feb 27th, 2007 06:48 AM

You can order take sushi for take-out at restaurants. They will ask you to wait or come back a few 10 minutes later to pick up. Could be a bit more expensive than ready-made one but must be of better quality.

DaveBrad Feb 27th, 2007 06:49 AM

Thanks for the support, Travelnut, but you know there are some purists around here (and I say that with great respect!). Seriously though, as much as the French appreciate good food, I figure the sushi there should be excellent and I intend to take advantage of the opportunity!

wanderful Feb 27th, 2007 07:36 AM

I found a Japanese restaurant on Rue Cler in the 7th. It’s called Oniwa. I thought the sushi was pretty good, though I’m not an expert. It was a nice break from the usual culinary onslaught.