Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Sights,Sites,Events?...May 6-13...What's on?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Scott McDonald

I'll be in Paris May 6 -14 with my teenage daughter(14 g.o.19)for what I know will be a wonderful week. I've been there many times myself and with her Mom, but this is her first time in Paris. Of course, we'll see all the major monuments, galleries and sights("Really? That would be tough to do in a week"!...you say), but if any Fodorites know of anything happening in that time period that might be a kind of special thing for us to do, please let us know. Thanks already to the earlier posters for the "skinny" on the weekly fashion show at Galleries Lafayette...we plan to take that in, for sure! Also, I've recently read Adam Gopnik's book about his five years in Paris...."Paris to the Moon"(which I loved), and we'll visit a few of his favorite spots as well. But your tips, suggestions and recommendations will be much appreciated. <BR> <BR>Cheers....and thanks! <BR> <BR>Scott

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 03:30 AM
To Scott

www.timeout.com sometimes has some useful stuff <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Shanna

Scott, I found a lot of information at www.paris-anglo.com at 'Paris this month.' Also, search here for a thread from a person who wanted to do something different or unusual in Paris. Someone gave a website about the old rail viaduct that was done over with shops. It was an article in a Seattle paper and it linked to another site where I found a very useful calendar. Also, www.pariscope.com will have it's info out on Wednesday (May 2) for the following 7 days. Have a great trip! Your daughter will cherish the memories.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Nano

I just discovered the following web site. It lists a lot of events and has a great multi-conversion table for money, distances, temperature, etc. The site is: <BR> <BR>http://www.parisavenue.com

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Ursula

Scott: Yes, pariscope.fr and parisavenue.com are two of the best sites for actual info about exhibtions, events, etc. You'll also find a lot of restaurant reviews and suggestions. <BR>Just don't plan too much in advance. You might miss a lot when doing that. <BR>You and you teenage daughter might like the current exhibition at the Centre Pompidou "Pop Art". <BR>Bon voyage!