Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris - Saint-Germain des Prés good safe area?

Notices

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Diane

I am considering booking Hôtel de l'Abbaye which located between Saint-Germain des Prés and Saint Sulpice.

Is this area safe? Is it located near attractions? Has anyone ever stayed here that can give feedback?

Thanks!!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Jayelle

Diane,
I can't speak to that particular hotel, but the area that you would be staying in is great. Its full of shops, cafes, and restaurants, and has a lot of activity into the evenings. You're close to the Jardin du Luxembourg, and walking distance to the Seine and the Latin Quarter. In the opposite direction you're within walking distance of Au Bon Marche department store with its great gourmet food store. You have good metro access to just about anywhere else that you want to go from there.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Wayne

I have stayed at l'Abbaye, and I can assure you it's safe and in a great location. The staff was very helpful, and there are lots of shops and restaurants within an easy walk. It's also within walking distance of most of the left bank sights and the Sorbonne.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:59 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Paula

We have stayed at the Manor St. Germain and plan to stay there again in June. The area is great and feels safe. It's a short walk across the Seine to the Louvre and the metro can take you anywhere else you need to go. Have fun!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 07:49 PM
ttt

ttt