Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris, Rome, Florence and Venice Reservations for honeymoon are done...THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-rome-florence-and-venice-reservations-for-honeymoon-are-done-thanks-for-all-the-advice-185517/)

Lara Sep 5th, 2001 10:29 AM

Paris, Rome, Florence and Venice Reservations for honeymoon are done...THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!!!

Hi all you Fodorites!! <BR> <BR>I just wanted to thank you for all the advice and for all of the great posts out there on hotels, trains, etc! I now am very happy with my itinerary and hotels for my upcoming honeymoon in October! See what you think: <BR> <BR>(I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Can you tell??) <BR> <BR>Oct 8th arrive in Paris <BR>night train to Rome that night (2 person sleeper) <BR>Rome for 3 nights, 4 days in an apartment in Campo de Fiori, near Piazza Navona <BR>then... <BR>Florence for 2 nights, 3 days, staying at Residenza Proconsolo, directly across from the Duomo <BR>then... <BR>quick 1 night trip to Venice (We just coulnd't NOT go to Venice on our honeymoon), staying at the Locanda Sturion... <BR>we'll have all day in Venice, then a night train back to Paris (another 2 person sleeper) <BR>Then our last 3 nights/4 days will be in Paris, staying at Hotel du Levant, left bank, near Notre Dame. <BR> <BR>What do you all think???

elaine Sep 5th, 2001 10:32 AM

I think it's a little busy, but a trip to remember and cherish. <BR>Have a wonderful time.

YS Sep 5th, 2001 10:35 AM

Sound good! <BR>Make sure to make reservation for Uffizi in Florence to save time and not wait in line. Also, check the opening hours of the places you want to visit as some of them may be closes on some days. Knowing this in advance will help you plan your days...

nancy Sep 5th, 2001 01:12 PM

Exhausting just to read! <BR>BUT, I am sure you will have a great time!! <BR>Glad you are spending the most time in Rome, you should love it. <BR>And as this will be your *ONLY* honeymoon ( of course!) it should be whatever you want it to be. <BR>I think having those days at the end , in Paris, will give you a chance to catch your breath too. <BR>Have a lovely wedding, a fun honeymoon, and a great life together!!!!!!

Heather Sep 5th, 2001 03:00 PM

Lara, your itinerary sounds busy but absolutely wonderful. If you are interested in having a extra night in Venice or Paris, RyanAir offers inexpensive flights from Venice-Treviso into Brussels, which is an hour or so from Paris by train. I bought a flight on www.ryanair.com this Summer for less than US$110, including taxes. Of course, an overnight train through Europe sounds awfully romantic, too. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Book Chick Sep 5th, 2001 03:08 PM

Oh Lara, I am so happy for you. I have stayed in Locanda Sturion, & feel very confident you will not be disappointed in the least. <BR> <BR>Very Best Wishes for a Great Honeymoon & A Wonderful New (Married!) Life, <BR>BC