Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris restaurants. Any suggestions? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-restaurants-any-suggestions-402178/)

tobyl Jul 26th, 2008 02:47 PM

Paris restaurants. Any suggestions?

We are going to be in Paris for 3 nights next week and we are looking for some good restaurants that are reasonably priced(around $100/couple including wine).We loved Willie's Wine Bar the last time we were in Paris.

RonZ Jul 26th, 2008 03:00 PM

Le Vaudeville, in the 2nd across the street from the Bourse, Bourse Metro.

Eastcoast Jul 26th, 2008 06:30 PM

This might not be much help but my favourite place on a summer evening is in a park with a bottle of wine, cheese, fresh bread...

Robespierre Jul 26th, 2008 08:39 PM

The best view in Paris is cieldeparis.com - Gourmand fixed price menu €33.

Gretchen Jul 27th, 2008 04:09 AM

There are countless entire threads about this. Do a search and you will have more than enough.
I'll give you our favorite anyway. Le Florimond on av. Lamotte Picquet. Very much a local restaurant, need reservations, tiny, excellent food, as attensted to by many on the board.

tobyl Jul 27th, 2008 04:19 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will do a search but your ideas are also really good especially if they are current.Many things chsnge when a thread is from 2 years ago .

elsiejune Jul 27th, 2008 07:20 AM

I can recommend Le Vaudeville, Aux Bon Crus, Bistrot Vivienne, Sopranos, Le Cafe Corazza, and Le Fumoir. All (except Le Fumoir perhaps) are within strolling distance of Willi's Wine Bar, and all should meet your price point. Bon Apetit! EJ ((#))

PeaceOut Jul 27th, 2008 07:42 AM

Le Caveau de L'Isle, on the Ille St. Louis. Small, charming, good food and service. Fixed price was about 25 EUR two years ago.

Here's a review of it, with their website linked.
http://richardab.typepad.com/iheartp...eau_de_li.html

tekwriter Jul 27th, 2008 08:34 AM

Au Fin Gourmet, also on Ile St. Louis. Prix fixe menu at 27E, including a glass of wine. Tiny space, so get reservations (they have a website). Excellent food, inventive recipes and presentation. My favorite meal during my last trip there earlier this month!

Attnymom Jul 27th, 2008 08:38 AM

Our favorite is Le Grand Colbert which is right around the corner from Willie's wine bar (we ate at both a few weeks ago and they were both delicious). If you come out of Willie's, turn right and at the corner turn left - you can't miss it.

Kind of a funny story - DH and I ate at Le Grand Colbert 11 years ago and loved it. The years passed, and we couldn't remember the name of the restaurant . . .When we were going back to Paris 3 years ago, we searched and searched to try to figure out the name of the restaurant, but to no avail. Our friends we were traveling with 3 years ago had a highly recommended restaurant in Paris they wanted to try - you guessed it - it was Le Grand Colbert! The minute we walked in, DH and I looked at each other and starting laughing. It was exactly as we remembered it! Of course, when we were in Paris a few weeks ago we had to go back and it was my favorite meal of our trip.

We also like L'Esplanade by Invalides.

kerouac Jul 27th, 2008 08:42 AM

Ziryab, the Moroccan restaurant on top of the Institut du Monde Arabe. Stunning views of the Seine and Notre Dame and an excellent way to discover the finest Moroccan wines.

Otherwise, the Terminus Nord across from Gare du Nord (a restaurant of the Flo group, like le Vaudeville).

tod Jul 27th, 2008 09:34 AM

Le Vin Sobre, 25 Rue Feuillantines, 75005. or their 2nd Bistro:

35 Rue Duquesne, 75007.
Ph: 01 47 05 67 10 (try this number to get the rue Feuillantines phone No.)We ate at this branch and it was excellent!
2 Plat Du Jour @ 19.90, 1 glass Vin Rouge 4.50E & a Coke 3.90 = 48.20
Also do a web search on their name and you can view the website with photos of the dishes and menu.

I dragged my husband to Terminus Nord for lunch ,23 rue de Dunkerque, Ph: 01 42 85 05 15. Nice starched white table linen but the set menu didn't impress.
2 Plat Du Jour @ 24E, 1 glass white wine 4.20, 1 coke 4.50, 2 Esprsso 7E = 63.70. The food was OK but not great. A couple sitting next to us hardly touched their food - well they seemed very undecisive and I think ordered the wrong thing.

plafield Jul 27th, 2008 10:29 AM

Our absolute favorite: La Régalade 49 av. Jean-Moulin, 14e Métro: Alésia (Street runs directly off metro exit) 01-45-45-68-58 Fixed-price menu 32€ open Tues-Fri noon-2pm; Mon-Fri 7-11pm MC, V accepted.

Don't let the location keep you away. Just hop on the 4 line to the Alesia stop and walk a few blocks up av. Jean Moulin. You won't regret it. This is Michelin star quality food in a boisterous bistro setting for such a reasonable price for what you get. Excellent reasonably priced wine list as well as good house wines by the glass.

Another favorite for real buckwheat galletes with a wide array of the best quality fillings is Breizh Café 109, rue Vieille du Temple, in le Marais. Phone: 01 42 72 13 77 (closed Monday and Tuesday, but open continuously throughout the day the rest of the week.)You can eat the basic ham, egg and cheese gallette for around 6E or splurge, as we usually do, for more complex fillings such as smoked duck with asparagus, carmelized onion and chevre (14E)and finish the meal off with an incredible dessert crepe. Good house wine and nice choice of beers.

La Regalade needs a reservation about a week ahead, especially for a weekend evening. I'd reserve at Breizh Café a day ahead if you plan to go at prime dinner time (8:00-10:00PM.)

My last trip to Paris was in May and my report is mostly restaurant reviews with lots of details. Here's a link to my report:
http://tinyurl.com/3mu8jz

Every meal we had was fabulous.

smrt2 Jul 28th, 2008 03:19 PM

See my trip report.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34808878

Especially recommend Josephine Chez Dumonet.

libanio Jul 28th, 2008 05:10 PM

Last June we had a wonderful dejeuner at Ferme Saint-Simon (6, rue Saint-Simon), near boulevard Saint-Germain. They have a menu prix fixe of 36 euros at lunch. The ambiance, food and service are great. Enjoy.