We are planning a trip to France in October. Unfortunately, we've already booked our flights (we found a deal too good to pass up), and are now trying to plan everything out. We've both been to Paris before, but not elsewhere in France. I really, really want a taste of Provence, but right now it's a little tight. Our current plan is: Arrive Monday at 2pm, take a train around 4-5pm directly to Provence, settle in etc by 10pm. Have Tues, Weds and Thurs am to explore a few small towns, settle in back in Paris by Thursday pm. Spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tues am before we fly out Tuesday pm for NYC. This seems doable but some have warned me it won't be enough time.
Another option we are floating is to buy 2 more one-way tickets from Nice for $300 p/p. This would mean we'd spend Mon-Fri in Paris, Sat-Thurs in Provence and train to Nice to leave on Friday. Does this realistically add much more time? We'd have to drop the rental car back off in Avignon and then take the train to Nice on Thursday.
Basically, we're wondering if anyone who has experienced Provence would say 2 days is still a good amount of time to get a taste? We don't want to complicate the trip any further, but we are pretty set on Southern France.
Thank you in advance to any advice you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Christmas week in Ireland