Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris Perfect Baumes de Venise (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-perfect-baumes-de-venise-919313/)

hboulos Jan 12th, 2012 01:33 PM

Paris Perfect Baumes de Venise

Hello. I am looking at this apartment and staying with our three children. We are thrilled with the idea of the eiffel tower view (my son has been begging to do this for four years). I have not used this company so am curious if people have had good experiences and if anyone has stayed in this flat? Thanks so much and any other tips no matter how wildly off topic are appreciated in this stage of planning (going July 7-16). Thank You

TPAYT Jan 12th, 2012 02:04 PM

here's the wesite---looks gorgeous.

http://www.parisperfect.com/apartmen...-de-venise.php

hboulos Jan 12th, 2012 02:32 PM

Thanks so much! Yes we are a go on this now! Very excited an open to any and all tips from locals or those familiar with the area.

BeachGirl247 Jan 12th, 2012 03:34 PM

Two or three Fodorites recently stayed with Paris Perfect and having nothing but high praise for the company. Some are repeat customers but I'll let them post the pros or cons, if any.

StuDudley Jan 12th, 2012 04:09 PM

We've rented from Paris Perfect 3 times for a total of 5 weeks. Just returned from a stay in Champagne apt 5 weeks ago. Nothing but high praise for them. Owner is an American (from the SF Bay Area - like us), and caters to American tastes. Great restaurants, cafes, gorcery stores, meat market, many boulangeries, R Cler markets, wine shops in the immediate neighborhood. Paris Perfect has an office in the neighborhood - which is a nice touch.

Stu Dudley

djkbooks Jan 12th, 2012 07:44 PM

Here's another huge recommendation for ParisPerfect. We've stayed with them three times as well.

john183 Jan 13th, 2012 09:04 AM

My wife and I took our 12 year old granddaughter to France last June and spent a week in a Paris Perfect apartment. We LOVED it and we also highly recommend Paris Perfect. I don't know if you have read my trip report yet (sorry it is so long-winded) but you can click on my name to find it and read about our wonderful experience. It looks like your apartment is only a couple of blocks from the one we were in and we loved the location. We also loved the ET view from the balcony. Enjoy your trip!!!

waterdog Jan 13th, 2012 09:23 AM

We also have rented from Paris Perfect three times. The latest being in December. We were completely satisfied with Paris Perfect and how they handled everything. Two couples stayed in a two bedroom apartment, Sancerre, with great views and amenities. The neighborhood in the 7th arrondisement, being a residential area, has many retail shops that one might need for apartment living including getting a fresh, warm baguette every morning. Lots of nice restaurants in a variety of price ranges too. Once you confirm your reservation, Paris Perfect provides a very complete guide for the renter that answers almost any question one might have.
Have fun!

hboulos Jan 14th, 2012 10:11 AM

Hello again. Now that I have booked with Paris Perfect I have been contacted by the concierge, Lisa, who they offer to help. Has anyone used this service.. have any thoughts?

I would also love recommendations of things to do with three children.. and restaurants I might be able to take them to. They are pretty well behaved and used to dining out but I don't need to tempt the fates with that one.

Thanks for all the feed back.

cafegoddess Jan 14th, 2012 11:39 AM

hboulous,

She is okay. She made all of our lunch and/or dinner reservations for us. A couple of our reservations had the wrong time but it worked out.

Have a great time in Paris, you will like their apartment. My husband and I will not rent from other agencies because Paris Perfect is really the best in terms of service and apartments. I love the guide they provide because it covers everything!

If you like tarte tatin, go to Jean Millet on rue St Dominique, their tarte tatin is the best! But don't stop there, go to rue Cler at La Fromagerie and buy some fresh cream. Good lord, the combination is so delicious. If I could, I would fly to Paris just to eat the tarte tatin and the fresh cream! And buy the purse I saw at LV.

I just got home two days ago and I really miss Paris already. Oh well, back to work.

denisea Jan 14th, 2012 01:19 PM

We used Lisa for one event and it was cancelled but she notified us and promptly refunded the payment for the event. I would use her again.

Paris Perfect did a great job for us. I love having access to their office when getting in. We also used Victor for our return to CDG, and he was recommended by Paris perfect.

denisea Jan 14th, 2012 01:21 PM

Try Reed for dinner one night. It is on rue Amelie off rue ST Dominique near the Paris Perfect apartments. It is very small but the food was wonderful.

gracejoan3 Jan 14th, 2012 09:56 PM

The apartments, customer care and customer service would be hard to beat. I am a regular and will be there in another week.

Enjoy your stay....

a bientot..

Joan

denisea Jan 15th, 2012 05:26 AM

to the OP....click on gracejoan3's name to see all her posts.

Her info on the neighborhoods would be very helpful for you!

Joan stays with Paris Perfect all the time and knows the neighborhoods very well; her reports contain great info on the cafes and restaurants in the PP neighborhoods, info on the bus, etc...really, her info is all you need!

StuDudley Jan 15th, 2012 07:14 AM

We almost always take buses - you can see more than you can taking the Metro.

Buses in the neighborhod

N designates a bus that runs at night also.

Bus Routes
28N 42N 63N 69 72N 80N 82 87N 92N RER-C Batabus

Bon Marche 87N
Ile St Louis 87N, 63 N
Jacquemart Andre 28, 80N
Louvre 69, 72N
Luxembourg 82
St Germain de Pres 63N, 69, 87N
Pl Madeleine 42N
Opera 42N
Arch de Triomphe 92N
Marais 69, 87N
Montmartre 80, or 80 to 30, 54
Castel Beranger area RER C
Belleville 63 (Odeon or St Michel) 28, 82 (Montparnasse), 69 (St Paul) to 96 OR 69 to 26
Train Bleu/Gare de Lyon 87N, 63N,

Stu Dudley

taconictraveler Jan 15th, 2012 07:26 AM

Wow, Stu, great information from you, AS USUAL! Merci!