We are trying to narrow down possible destinations in Europe sometime in May. Now the choice is between Paris and Vienna. We only have time to visit one of them. I underrstand comparing two cities doesnt always make sense, every city has its pros and cons and each city is unique in its own way. It would help however to know how these two cities differ from each other.
Our main objective is spending a couple of days in historic/central parts of the town, just strolling around for the sights and sounds of the city. We will not be doing museums, art galleries, etc. Our interest is in architecture and some shopping.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 10 Days in Austria
- 8 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Norte Dame light show!
- 11 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 12 Avignon
- 13 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 8 months around Europe
- 16 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 17 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 18 Ronda or Jerez
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 two days in rome
- 21 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 22 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 23 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 24 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 25 Lisbon neighborhoods