Reload this Page >

Bolshoi Ballet Tickets

Search

Bolshoi Ballet Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Lenore McKinnon

Bolshoi Ballet Tickets

Can I get Bolshoi Ballet tickets when I get to Moscow, and how much do they cost?

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Marc David Miller

Probably the best thing would be to call in advance (better performances do sell out in advance):<BR><BR>7(095) 292-92-70<BR><BR>www.bolshoi.ru/announces_eng.shtml<BR><BR>You can also call your hotel to arrange for tickets (although often pricier). You might be able to purchase tickets from the ticket vendors in front of the theatre, but I am not sure if the theatre still has two-tiered pricing (CIS and foreigner)--if so, you would have to pay the difference between the two tickets at the theatre.<BR><BR>I haven't been to the Bolshoi in two years so I don't know what the current pricing is. Whatever you do, don't sit in the second row of the balconies--your view will be blocked. One interesting thing about the theatre is the curtain--the top part says (in Russian) "Russia", while the main curtain says (in Russian) "USSR". Hopefully that will be one thing corrected by the renovation. <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:15 PM
gerrit

See my response on my recent contacts with the Bolshoi theatre )currently #10, dealing with theatre/symphonies, etc.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:16 AM
d

Most performances sell out, so you'll likely have to buy through a scalper. For good seats, the cost can be $40-60 or more. If you have internet access, and know some Russian, there is a website called www2.parter.ru which sells and delivers theatre tickets anywhere in the city and usually has better prices.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Marc David Miller

The site www2.parter.ru does not have foreigners' tickets.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:47 PM
d

There are no such thing as foreigner tickets for the Bolshoi (or any theatre) for that matter. As a resident of Moscow, and someone who goes to the theatre (and uses parter), I can attest to this. Again, depending upon the size of your party, and what kind of seats you want, you may just want to go to the theatre and haggle with the scalpers.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Marc David Miller

The Bolshoi, the Mariinsky, the Mussorgsky, Shostokovich Hall all have differing ticket prices for residents of CIS and "foreigners". Ask any foreigner who has been to those theatres and has been stopped for using regular tickets without the voucher for the price difference.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:10 AM
d

I am a foreigner in Moscow, and use "normal tickets" all the time, and have never ever been asked to present a "foreigner" ticket, or pay extra. Its probably some scam or outdated info.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:16 AM
Marc David Miller

If you look at the signs to the left of the ticket window you would see, in English and in Russian, the relevant regulation. Residents (even foreign residents) don't have to pay the surcharge.