Paris: New Years Eve Ideas, Please

Aug 29th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Jcameron

Paris: New Years Eve Ideas, Please

Four of us will be in Ile St. Louis late December ... and we're looking for a great NYE ... revolving around wonderful food, dancing to a band and a late night carriage ride ... possibly some fireworks if we're in the right place when they go off. We need some ideas ... whatever you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! JC

Aug 29th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Christina

Unlike NYC, they don't do that tourist horse carriage stuff in Paris, it is banned as animal cruelty. Is that what you were looking for? If so, you need a revision in plans. Fireworks are over near Eiffel Tower, most of the time, although some years they do not set them off so I'm not sure I'd plan my evening around that. In fact, I think last year they didn't set them off, if I recall. Do you have budget limits? Restaurants, espec those with live music, are very expensive in Paris on NY eve?

Aug 30th, 2001, 08:45 AM
JC

Having first lived in Paris in the 60's, and subsequently travelling back numerous times, it was interesting to learn that about animal cruelty. One learns something new every day .. one of the reasons I cherish Fodors. Have a good one. JC

Search this Thread