Paris...June weather, sunset, dress?

May 6th, 1998, 07:09 PM
Lisa

Paris...June weather, sunset, dress?

Help us out with the weather, what to wear, and time of sunset & darkness in mid June. Can we wear shorts? Daytime weather vs nightime weather? What time is is completely dark? What time does sunset start? Is it humid? Trying to plan how far into the evening sightseeing may go, what to wear during day vs night etc. THANKS SO MUCH!
Lisa

May 7th, 1998, 04:34 AM
anne

One of the things we are looking forward to as we plan our next trip to France this summer is the LONG days! It stays light (we've been ) til past 10 ! We'd go to a concert, then out to dinner afterwards, and still have time to enjoy walking around ...on into the dark since it's so beautiful then also!
Shorts would definitely make you stand out as a tourist - the men wear slacks, and the ladies mostly dresses - dark or neutral colors. Slacks for women are ok, but again you don't see the "locals" wearing them.
The weather can vary greatly. Both times we've visited in the summer have been cooler than home (Washington DC) - but people were talking about previous heat waves. So take sleeveless cool things, and a light sweater to layer.
Have a great time!

May 11th, 1998, 08:33 PM
judy

Four years ago we were in Paris at the end of June and it was very warm. The only time I was cool enough was during a Seine cruise at 11:00 P.M.. By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise...
From Paris we went to London where it was even hotter; I was there at the same time of year back in the 80's and we froze, so it's anyone's guess.

May 14th, 1998, 06:42 PM
Giselle

I was in Paris last year at the end of June and it rained every day. It was a little chilly, but not too cold. I did wear a cardigan sweater. I guess it's a little unpredictable in June.