Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris, je t'aime (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-je-taime-708262/)

RonZ May 26th, 2007 06:29 PM

Paris, je t'aime

Has anyone seen the movie? Rated 80% on rottentomatoes.

P_M May 26th, 2007 06:38 PM

Hi RonZ. You might want to repost in the Movies, Music and Books forum.

RonZ May 26th, 2007 09:12 PM

I tried that...they said to try here...

lmlweb May 26th, 2007 09:43 PM

The movie won't come out until June 1st here in my city, but I'll be taking my SIL with me that day. CAn't wait.

I don't bother with critic reviews. If I like it, I like it, and if I don't, I don't. And it may not be the same movies you like or dislike. Critics has nothing to do with it.

Toupary May 27th, 2007 12:32 AM

RonZ -

I saw the film last year in Paris, and I enjoyed it. It is a series of vignettes, each taking place in a different neighborhood in Paris. Each is very different (neighborhood, as well as story). Some are more enjoyable than others.

You can find a few segments on youtube.

Laidback May 27th, 2007 01:49 AM

Hi Ron, I enjoyed it last month in Paris and knowing your familiarity with the city I feel certain you will too. It is composed of about 18 or so little vignettes from different directors about different neighborhoods. Poignancy, camp, comedy, a real smorgasbord.

abbydog May 27th, 2007 03:56 AM

I saw it yesterday! Made me cry. For a tourist who's never spent more then three days at a time in Paris, it made me feel for the first time how it might be to really live there -- and took me to places that many tourists never see. I loved it and may see it again.

Ackislander May 27th, 2007 07:32 AM

Much of this movie is already available chapter by chapter on the internet. I watched the one with Nick Nolte the other night.

RonZ May 27th, 2007 08:13 AM

Sounds encouraging!

nancy1652 May 27th, 2007 03:50 PM

Just saw it and absolutely loved it!
A must for anyone crazy about Paris.

Michel_Paris May 28th, 2007 05:39 AM

Saw it yesterday. Series of 5 minute vignettes, each on some theme of love. Quirky stories,some funny, some sad, I enjoyed them all, some more than others (post office worker was one of my favs) and if you want a "fix" of Paris views, there are many scenes that will make you go "ahhh".

PS, who knew Maggie Gyllenhaal spoke french

Intex May 29th, 2007 10:21 AM

I shouldn't have watched it. I saw it yesterday, and now I am having doubts about sending daughter to Paris next year. Hopefully I will forget about this movie soon!

cigalechanta May 30th, 2007 02:52 PM

Ron, we saw the film today. Most of the vignettes I liked and it was nice to see the same streets I walked through but there were a few episodes that I thought were silly, but it's still a valentine for those of us who love Paris.

cigalechanta May 30th, 2007 04:54 PM

intex, what do you mean? What turned you away?
I got a chuckle in one of the first arr. The woman says she's wearing her old Clark Shoes when complimented on them. You can also see that everyone is not the fashion plate that posters think the French women are. It's just like here.