Notices

Paris - January Sale

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Estee

Paris - January Sale

I am thinking of going to Paris in January and was wondering when they have their semi annual sale.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 03:42 PM
xxx

What sale items are you referring to?

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 04:40 PM
xxx

Not there in Jan. but July sales July 1&2 Almost every store had sales on most everything. I know that does not help with dates but to let you know it was really wonderful with store after store full of sales. The best part was a total wonderful surprise. I had picked the dates for other reasons.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:56 AM
kjulie

I was in Paris for one week beginning January 6th one year. I do not know exactly which day we went to the clothing store, but there was a very good sale on clothing. However, the sale was only on the light weight clothing. I bought a few summer dresses at much less than I would have paid in the US. I did not see any medium or heavy weight clothing on sale.

So, if you want to know when the sale is for winter clothing, it may not be the 2nd week of January when I was shopping.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:20 AM
hanl

The sales in Paris (and throughout France) will start on January 8 and continue until February 4, 2003. The date is legally set by some authority or other (I can't remember which...).

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Christina

It's set by the Ministry for Economic Affairs, Finance and Industry