Paris in September, travel insurance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find myself feeling fairly stupid. I retired a year ago early, just turned 63 and need a travel insurance policy. But looking at all of them feels overwhelming. Also the pricing is so different from site to site that is hard to understand, as well as in the past I’ve always used all Allianz when I traveled but it was because it was what was available in Orbitz which is a website I usually use. This time my preferred ticket is on American. When I look at American there’s no travel insurance offered up at check out. And I feel like I probably need some health insurance as well. My big dilemma is do I go ahead and buy my ticket? I have an apartment I’ve rented but I won’t pay her till I get there and I feel like I should include that in the price of my vacation as I’m looking at insurance. Anybody have any advice as to what companies they used how things worked and how I go about obtaining insurance?
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 11:10 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Many people use the Insure my Trip site to compare and contrast insurance options.

Buy the AA ticket if that's want you want then decide separate;y what sort of travel insurance you need.
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 05:16 PM

I usually call the Insure my Trip or Square Mouth sites and speak with someone on the phone as they have information about many policies. I let them know what I want covered (and what I don't need) and they have always offered what seems like good advice.

You can go ahead and buy your ticket but I would then be sure to get insured quickly, particularly if you want "cancel for any reason" insurance, as you'll get better options if you insure shortly after making your first travel payment.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both, you have answered my question, on that I could not really find an answer too by research.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 07:41 AM
mjs

I do the same as KT. Talking to agents very helpful. Insure only that you can’t cancel or get a refund or change
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 02:01 PM

We have bought insurance from Allianz for several trips and have made several smallish claims (under $1000) and never had any trouble having them paid promptly. In one case the claims person even suggested filing under a different policy coverage provision to make it easier to be reimbursed. We're big fans. By the way, we originally found Allianz through Insuremytrip.com, a very helpful site.