Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris in November. What kind of weather? How should I pack/dress?

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 10:32 AM
MED

Just wondering if anyone has any good tips or can tell me what to expect.

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 12:15 PM
KYW

Here's a site that gives a four day forecast of Paris. Going in November for ten days, eight actually in the city. I think it will be rainy, but in the 50's during the day.

Layering, of course, will be the kay. Planning to pack two light sweaters, two turtlenecks and two long-sleeve t-shirts for underneath sweaters, or by themselves. Taking two pairs of shoes, in case one gets wet. Taking a rain coat with zip out lining, umbrella, and gloves. Two pairs of pants and a few socks and undies should do for eight days, all in a carry-on bag. Whatever I wear on the plane over, I'll wear back.

http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/Europe/France/Paris/Forecast/

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 09:23 PM
Paul J

We were in Paris in early November two years ago. We had some nice pleasantly cool sunny days (50's F). We had some rain. I would be prepared for rain. Don't let it detract from enjoying Paris. It's great!!! Paul J

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 04:05 AM
elaine

Hi
I have some suggestions on packing/what to wear in my Paris trip notes; if you'd like to see them email me.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Ashley

Living in Paris last year, I found that November tends to be chilly and rainy. Everytime I thought it seemed like it wasn't going to rain and put on my full-length (not very weather-proof) jacket, it would pour rain and of course everytime it looked like rain, the night stayed beautiful without. Scarves are a must. Without one, you will look like a true Americain, plus they keep your neck nice and warm. You may want to pack some light gloves, your hands tend to get chilly waiting in the Taxi lines of the Champs. I don't know if you are planning on going to any night clubs, but if so, layering is always a good idea. There is no use to getting all bundled up and going to a club where you wish you would have worn a sleevless shirt and short skirt to stay cool. If you have any other specific questions--feel free to e-mail me!

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 05:55 AM
Lori

I was in Paris last year 11/11 - 11/15. It was definitely chilly, especially since you are outside alot walking around. Dress in Layers, bring a raincoat with a lining, gloves, a scarf, and I found a hat to be useful. It was especially chilly right by the river. Oh yeah, it rained alot. Have a great time anyway. Don't miss the department stores - Galleries Lafayette and Printemps - their windows were all done up for Xmas and their Xmas departments had some nice stuff.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 07:49 AM
sam

I was in Paris and London last November and will be in Paris/Florence this November. I found that a good coat and sweaters did the trick. Of course, plan on wearing the same clothes several times (layering) so you don't have to take a steamer trunk and travel like the Duchess of where-ever. I found I carried too much last year and this year I will travel with one small bag and small bottle of Woolite.(if even needed) This year I bought a nice raincoat/overcoat with zipper lining that can be taken out if the weather warms up.