Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris in July - Hotel? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-in-july-hotel-484405/)

bahia Nov 4th, 2004 08:29 PM

Paris in July - Hotel?

We have enjoyed reading your posts very much ... so much so that we have increased our first time stay in Paris to 4 nights from 2 in July of 2005.
We are looking for an air conditioned Hotel room up to 135 Euros, 15 min or less walk to subway. We would like to be central - in the "areas" 1-7 I believe - and will probably make our decision based on what we can walk to - restaurants, tourist sites, parks, grocery/markets.
This is our first post and our first trip[ to Europe. Thanks for any help you can lend.

TopMan Nov 4th, 2004 10:51 PM

Assume you have already done a search for Paris hotel here which, if you haven't, will yield a jillion posts...but as to being close to a Metro stop...you'll find you are usually within walking distance of a Metro stop even if you aren't in one of the "central arrondisements" which is one of the wonderful aspects of Paris' public transport..it truly blankets the city.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Powell Nov 5th, 2004 05:07 AM

Bahia,

Caron de Beaumarchais:

Centrally located onn the right bank in the 4th, Marais, near the bridge to the Ile St. Louis; near Metro
-It has air conditioning - tres important.
-Rooms are small. Ones in front a little larger. Rooms have character--beamed ceilings; nice appointments; robes.
-Proprietors Etienne and Alain Bigeard, pere et fils, are charming and very helpful--good staff too.
-Price $140/night (prox.)

Anthony

Statia Nov 5th, 2004 05:29 AM

We stayed at Hotel Monge last summer and it also fits your criteria. They can be booked on line by doing a search for their name.

bahia Nov 5th, 2004 10:22 AM

Thank you for your replys. I have searched deep and often and probably reached overload when I sent my post hopeing for a life jacket.
Hotel Monge and Caron de Beaumarchais look good. Has anyone else stayed recently?

cmeyer54 Nov 5th, 2004 11:25 AM

Hotel Claude Bernard is also nice - elevator, a/c which works very well, nice breakfast, close to the seine, Notre Dame, Pantheon, Sorbonne, three different metro stops etc.

Donaldus Nov 8th, 2004 07:12 AM

Have you look at the Hotel Saint Dominique a charming hotel in the 7th, rue Saint Dominique...Aroun 110€/night...and if you are coming in June you will benefit from the little terasse they have..so appreciated when it is hot...I don't remember if they have air conditionned..Have a look at their website: www.saintdominique.com!
have a good trip in Europe!

oberost Nov 8th, 2004 10:46 AM

Bahia- my wife and I just returned last week from a long weekend in Paris. We stated (for the second time) at the Hotel Pas des Calais. It is in the 6th just off the Blvd. St. Germain- a wonderful area for shopping, eating, people watching, etc. They have a web site so check it out.