Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris hotels: Le Regent, Le Clement, Eugenie, Bonaparte, Clos Medicis, Atlantis St.-Germain, de l'Odeon, Relais Saint-Sulpice?

Search

Paris hotels: Le Regent, Le Clement, Eugenie, Bonaparte, Clos Medicis, Atlantis St.-Germain, de l'Odeon, Relais Saint-Sulpice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 01:32 PM
lisa

OK, I think I've narrowed it down to these hotels for our Memorial Day week trip to Paris. We're looking for a 2 or 3 star with air conditioning in the 6th Arr. around the St. Germain/Mabillon/Odeon/St. Sulpice area, preferably under $100 U.S. per night (double) but with an absolute maximum of $150/night tops.<BR>Leaning toward Le Regent, Le Clement or Hotel Eugenie based on price & location & comments from others, but would appreciate any additional insight or personal experiences. Would especially appreciate any details on particular rooms to request or avoid at any of these hotels (would also like to know of any rooms that have a balcony or nice view, & any that are too noisy).<BR><BR>Thanks very much.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Greg W

We stayed at Le Regent in April, '01 and were impressed by the location and the quality of the hotel but, the rooms seemed very small (even by European standards). We splurged for the deluxe room (approx. $200 US) after reading on this forum that the standard rooms were a little cramped.. All things considered, we would stay there again. Hope this helps!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Dave

My family and I stayed at the Le Clement last summer. Because there were 3 of us we shared a junior suite. Although the rooms were somewhat small having the Jr. suite (2 bedrooms) left us with plenty of room. I did think the room was noisy, not so much from the street, but from the plumbing. Our room was on the 1st floor and we could hear water from floors above every so often. Some people on this board have had problems with reservations being lost, but everything went just fine for us. The Le Clement is a charming old Parisian hotel. I thought the location was excellent and the staff (esp Virginia) treated us nicely. Wherever you stay have a great time in Paris.<BR>Dave <BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 05:59 AM
lisa

Thanks Greg & Dave. Anyone else?

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Lexma90

We've stayed in the small rooms at Le Regent several times, being travellers of the school of thought of "it's just a place to sleep." The rooms are small (the booking information warns you of that), but I've had rooms just as small elsewhere. There's enough room to open your suitcase and still get around the bed, which is enough for me! The bathrooms are luxurious. All of the small rooms, I believe, open onto an interior courtyard, so there's no view, but you're staying in a nice 3-star hotel for about $100/night, and that's hard to beat. The location is great, too.