Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris hotels in August (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-hotels-in-august-616107/)

christycruz May 16th, 2006 03:13 PM

Paris hotels in August

Have you found Paris hotels with deals in August?

So far I have Claude Bernard (118E for a triple, v.g.)

Any others? Let's share. (and yes, I've read the previous postings. none of them address this issue straight on).

cindyj May 16th, 2006 03:20 PM

I know this isn't specific, but while searching for a hotel for June I found many that had deals for later in the summer. Try www.discoverfrance.com for ideas and I think their rates are pretty good. Be sure to get AC!

francophile03 May 16th, 2006 03:32 PM

Claude Bernard has been rated terribly lately at Trip Advisor. Many hotels have discounts during August as it's low season.

Weadles May 16th, 2006 04:04 PM

Hotel D'Aubusson is offering a summer deal- 240E in a standard room. The hotel is lovely and has an excellent location for exploring Paris.

Linda431 May 16th, 2006 04:17 PM

Plus D'Aubusson has air conditioning. I wouldn't consider a hotel in August without it.

Maribel May 16th, 2006 04:27 PM

Our very favorite well priced hotel in the 7th on the tony rue de Bourgogne, around the corner from the Rodin Museum is the intimate, sweet and extremely well run Hotel de Varenne.

They're offering their usual summer specials until Aug. 28. Rooms have a/c and very nice baths. Doubles with shower only for 108, doubles with bath, 129 and our favorite superior doubles (large by Paris standards) run 149, euros including complimentary breakfast (and they bake their croissants on site-theyre yummy!). Very polished, classy place. This is a great deal!

Christina May 16th, 2006 06:47 PM

A lot of Parisian hotels have deals in August, there are dozens of them (if not hundreds). It is a very common thing to do, as August is low hotel season in Paris. It would be difficult to list them all, I've seen dozens, as I said, but generally I think you just have to look at hotels you are interested in to narrow it down, and then check their seasonal rates. Some website specifically list them, also, but those aren't the only ones. I think www.123france.com and www.pariserve.tm.fr and maybe www.parishotels.com are some that have a section on them.

christycruz May 18th, 2006 02:16 PM

Keep them coming! Thanks for the additions. I've been to Paris a few times, always in August for some reason. The heat doesn't bother me. I've actually never stayed at an AC hotel there.

I've found a triple at Hotel de L'esperance for 105E, which makes me think this is as good a deal as it gets. I like the hotel. The prices have jumped since I was there two years ago...

The link to www.discoverfrance.com was especially helpful for summer promotions. Just a bit pricey for me.

cmeyer54 Jun 1st, 2006 05:01 PM

We stayed at Claude Bernard a couple of years back and were satisfied - its a 3 star hotel so you can't expect the Ritz. The staff was very helpful, A/C worked, room was a little worn but all in all, a good value.