Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Hotels- Hotel du College de France and others

Jan 31st, 2007, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

I have narrowed down my choices for a hotel in Paris. We are going in May and these are the most reasonably priced for a triple. Has anyone stayed in one of these and if so what did you think? Hotel de la Porte Doree, Hotel Residence Monge, Hotel de France Invalides, Hotel du College de France and Hotel Lyon Bastille. I'm ckg a little further to make sure these all have a/c. Thanks.
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:28 AM

I stayed in Hotel de la Porte Doree and thought it was very good, but I would have preferred to stay somewhere closer. I really wanted College de France or a couple in the Marais but they were fully booked.
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:14 PM

well I can tell you that at that price level and those type of hotels, they do not all have AC. Almost all of those are 2* hotels, and it is very rare for one of those to have AC, although a few do. I think the only one of those 2* hotels that has AC is the Monge -- and the Lyon Bastille, but it is a 3* and the others are not, I'm pretty sure.
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM

oh, by the way, some hotels that do have AC won't have it turned on in May, anyway, so you have to check that if it's important.
Feb 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM

As I replied in a related thread, I stayed at the Hotel du College de France in June. It did not have a/c and there was some odd heat wave in June where the temps were 90+. The hotel did bring in fans which helped. My question is: how hot is it going to be in May? I would think you wouldn't need it then. I liked the hotel. It was quiet and pleasant.