Paris Hotel w/Apartment?

Search

Paris Hotel w/Apartment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel w/Apartment?

We might be going to Europe either in June 2006 or Sept. 2006. I have just checked with the Hotel Relais Bosquet and there studio apartment is booked.

I liked that it was still part of a hotel, so if there was problems/concerns, I knew someone would be avaliable.

Does anyone know of other hotels with apartments connected to them?

Or better, a good apartment in the 7th - I have been having such a hard time to find one even thought I've searched all the links that are usually posted here.

We are staying 6 nights and can afford a budget of 120-130 Euros a night for an apartment.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 06:38 PM

an apartment for how many people..?
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM

see about these:
http://www.parisby.com/bonappart/pages/booking.htm
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

Oops - it for 2 people. By the way, does the Relais Bosquet Apartment usually get booked so far in advance?
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 10:58 PM

I think it's in the guidebooks, and it's frequently mentioned here, so I imagine it's quite popular.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:08 AM

I think the Hotel Danube in the 7th has an apt. attached.
http://www.hoteldanube.fr/index-gb.htm

It's about double your budget though.

There are many vacation rental apts in the 7th, what exactly was your problem in not being able to find one? I suspect it was the price range, as that is pretty low for an apt. in that district. I almost rented one in the 7th on rue St Dominique from www.francehomestyle.com They have some decent places, but I do think they are all more like $200 a night, even the small ones, in that particular area. YOu could also look at www.drawbridgetoeurope.com as they have at least one in the price range in the 7th. Of course, its only a 300 SF studio and may not have a very comfortable bed.

For what you want, the "aparthotels" like Citadines could be a good choice. They have some decent ones in convenient locations, the main drawback (which may not always be one) is that they are not older "charming" places, but more modern. Maybe you can get some good rates on them on some booking sites, but I think they are a lot more than that rate, also.

Have you looked at VRBO? those are by owner so don't have the same agency markups and maybe you could find one for that price on there.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:29 AM

I stayed in a Hotel du Danube 'apartment'. Please do yourself a favor and book elsewhere. I didn't like this 'apartment'.

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM

I know nothing about this rental site but there are several studios and 1-bedroom apts in St Germain/Latin Qtr area for 95-130€
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM

uh, sorry!
http://www.apartmentsapart.com/
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:49 AM

Citadines is a good choice if you want hotel-apartments; at least the ones I've seen were nice. Bedroom, living room, fully-equipped kitchen, bath and toilet and shower.

The main advantage is that you can accommodate up to four people and you can prepare your own meals (which in some cases can more than compensate for the cost of the room). Also you can receive friends, and hotel-apartments are much more child-friendly than standard hotels.

Private apartments are extremely variable in amenities and quality, although the ones I've seen were nice enough.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:44 PM

I think there are several other advantages to Citadines than being child friendly -- in comparison to apartments, if that's the comparison. First, they do have a desk and some services, as well as someone you could ask question. Second, they would have better security, of course (although I know that's not a main concern), and you shouldn't have any trouble not being able to get in whenever you wanted. The biggest advantages are that you can book them for any time frame, there is no minimum stay, they take credit cards, and you do not have the issues with deposits and prepayment way in advance like you do with apartments. I think you can also cancel like a hotel up until close to your date, with no penalty, but you'd have to check on that.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM

We have rented an apartment in the 7th for a few days in July through Vacation in Paris: www.vacationinparis.com. I can't give you a full review yet, obviously, but I can tell you that I checked them out and talked with people who stayed in the apartment and all were very pleased. Worth checking into...
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys for all your help - I'll check into the links.

I'm still a bit hesitant about giving such a large deposit when staying in apartments - I'll have to do more research on which companies are reputable.