Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris - hotel vieux marais or rivoli andrea

Jun 16th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Hi - I'm going to Paris in Sept. I have room at Hotel Monge for part of the visit. I would like to change to a different hotel/neighborhood when I return from a side trip. I want a hotel that has air conditioning and has bakeries/cafes very close. I am waiting to hear from a couple other hotels - Caron Beaumarchais and Castex but the 2 I have heard from seem to fit the bill.
Hotel Rivoli Paris is very close the Hotel de Ville metro. The street it is on does not have the "quaint" feel I usually like but the price is 110 euro.

Hotel Vieux Marais is closer to the Bastille metro, seems a little less central but not too bad. The street seems more appealing and the price is 140 euro.
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Ugh- hit the enter key instead of preview and no edit. I wanted to end with - does any one have experiences with Hotel Rivoli Andrea (typo above) or Vieux Marais. Is one location more desirable than the other?

Or does someone have a suggestion for a different hotel? I am not bent on staying in the Marais, it just seemed like it would be an interesting change from the Latin Quarter.
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:16 AM

We are presently in a beautiful top floor apartment with a garden in the Marais, and I love the area. It is safe, and although busy on the main streets, has wonderful little side streets. It is lively at night, and I really like the feel of somewhat bohemian area. Kind of reminds me of the some areas of the village in New York.
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

I just got a response from Hotel Mahler. This is closer to Bastille.
Actually I was a little confused about the location of Vieux Marais, it is near the Rivoli Andrea I think.

Any comments on
Hotel Rivoli Andrea (110 euro)?
Hotel Vieux Marais (140 euro)?
Hotel Mahler (140 euro)?

Thanks so much!
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, I missed your post 3M. I think that your observations are why I would like to stay in the Marais. Thanks!