Paris hotel near or on Ile St. Louis??

Jul 30th, 2001, 02:26 PM
brian hyde

Paris hotel near or on Ile St. Louis??

I've heard the St. Louis Hotel is not much good anymore. The Hotel Deux Ile is just average. I'm looking for something really special, charming, etc. for a one week stay right in that area. Not interested in breaking the bank to do it, though. Anyone have any suggestions for some place really nice, authentic (not too modern) and utterly charming for under $150 per night?? Going at Christmas time so there's also the problem of getting a reservation but let me know what you all think and I'll give it a try. Thanks. You can email me directly at [email protected] if you want.

Jul 31st, 2001, 04:25 AM
elaine

Hi, I don't know current prices, so you'll have to check, the 3-stars will I think be over your budget for a double, maybe not for a single.
On the Ile there is the Hotel de Lutece.
tel 1 43 26 23 52, fax 1 43 29 60 25. I haven't stayed there, but know it books up months in advance. I think it has been mentioned on this forum; try doing a search for it by name.
Not too far from the Ile is the Caron de Beaumarchais in the Marais. phone 1 42 72 34 12, fax 1 42 72 34 63. Much praised everywhere it seems, including on this forum if you do a search.
also check for comments at
www.paris.org and www.hotelboulevard.com
The Caron is charmingly decorated, nice extras like room service for breakfast if you want it, very pretty decor, bathrobes, a/c and elevator. I almost stayed there myself a few months ago but changed my mind only because the rooms are small and on that trip space was an issue. The above are all 3-stars; a 2-star that has been praised here is the Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, also in the Marais in the 4th, phone 1 48 87 62 11; fax 1 48 87 37 31, email
www.paris-hotel.tm.fr Has an elevator

Search this Thread