Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel:Le Meridien Etoile/Concorde La Fayette

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 1999, 02:56 PM
BA Bird

Is anyone familiar with either of these hotels? Plan to be in Paris in Sept and looking for hotel in safe area and good locale.

Old May 10th, 1999, 11:56 PM
joelle

Both hotels are deluxe hotels located at Porte Maillot, not far from Etoile square. The area is safe and offers some restaurants, as well as shopping. <BR>

Old May 12th, 1999, 01:18 PM
gregoire

BA, <BR>Just to comment on Joelle, the area is safe, and actually a wealthy district in the day. But don't feel tempted by the woods arround at night, it's male & female prostition area. Not unsafe, but unsane...

Old May 12th, 1999, 01:49 PM
elaine

In my opinion these locations are not particularly convenient for the average tourist. Porte Maillot is I believe on the boundary of Paris, (next stop La Defense) and for me would be inconvenient for sightseeing, and discouraging for spontaneous stops back at the hotel during the day for a change of clothes or freshening up. <BR>

Old May 12th, 1999, 08:06 PM
John

Elaine is correct about it not being the most convenient location for the average and/or first time traveler. It is near the peripherique and at the end of Ave Grande Armee on the other side of the Arche de Triomphe (opposite the Champs Elysee). However, it is not that bad of a location and as Joelle points out there are several good restaurants near there. I prefer the 7th for a hotel which is also not a heavy tourist area, but is somewhat more convenient. <BR> <BR>As Gregoire points out, there are some prostitutes in the area, but it is not a seedy, red light district or unsafe. The average tourist would not even notice them. Prostitutes can be found in many areas around Paris. There isn't just one, exclusive, "red light" area. They can be found all around the Arch de Triomphe, Champs Elysee, Madeline, Opera, and many of the luxury hotels, both inside and out.