paris hotel-hotel les jardins alesia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just starting my searching for accomodations and Paris is so confusing so I NEED help!
I found this hotel for a great price for my friend and i. I see the map but it really means nothing to me since I've never been. How is this for location??? close to sites and attractions??
http://www.hoteljardinsalesia.com/english/index.html
please let me know. Its going for 65 euros for august. if you know of anything else aorund this price or maximum 75 euros for this time of year fill me in!
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:03 PM

Hi Renata,

This location would be too far out for me. Why don't you try this web site for ideas. The first listing is near the Eiffel Tower so it's much more central and it's 76E for a double with bath. There's also the Jeanne d'Arc for 76E which has been recommended on this board. I stopped in there a few weeks ago and it looked nice and very central.

Look for something in the 5th, 6th, or 7th arrondissement (section of Paris) and you can't go wrong.

Do a search on paris hotels here and you'll get lots of information. Also, look at Rick Steve's book on Paris as well as Let's Go. They both list budget accommodations which will be in your price range.

adrienne
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:33 PM

I think adrienne left off her web site.

that's not a horrible location, and the location looks decent -- that is a very good rate for a nice 2*hotel. I know that area and it is fine but I do think most first timers would not particularly prefer to stay there because it is a little farther away from the things you want to do than you might like. The neighborhood is okay, also, but not that exciting -- better if you could speak French IMO as it's more a regular residential area. Alesia is a main commercial street (discount stores, lots of clothes, and several movie theaters), as is ave Gen Leclerc which I think that hotel is right near.

There are some other options at around that rate closer in to the Seine where I think you might prefer. August is a good time to find hotel discounts, also. One or two I know are on www.123france.com or www.france-hotel-guide.com -- the Cujas Pantheon is about that rate (a 2*, prob fairly similar to the one you found) and in the Latin Qtr near the Sorbonne and Pantheon, the Hotel Residence Monge is also about that rate and in the Latin Qtr (plus has AC). Those are just a couple other suggestions. Those sites have some good hotel bargains, check out the 2*s
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

thanks you!! adrienne I go tno sight from you on your post but thank you for the advice.
I checked out jeanne d'arc-and yes its a great price at 78 euros..

and champs de mars at 74..

Christine I checked out the sight your recommended it was so handy. I've looked at eurocheapo but there site is not always up to date with prices. i checked out cujas and it does look good. Its going for 81 euros but I will call them to see if there is a discount for august and a 4 night stay. Also looked at residence monge -have you stayed here??? could you comment if you have? I'm usually not one for air conditioning -we dont usually turn it on here at home. I live in toronto and we get some good heat 25-30 degrees in the summer-so I odn't know if a/c is a concern unless I can get a good deal. anyway the residence monge I will have to call but website shows price for double at 75-130 euros...if the latter is the summer rate than its out of my range. i'll keep searching. thanks again
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:00 AM

type in 'residence monge' or 'hotel monge' and select France, in the search function. Many previous posts about it, mostly favorable as I recall.
Good location for rue Mouffetard market street, also a little market twice a week at Place Monge, nice stroll toward the Seine, by the Pantheon.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help to narow down my decisio. Thanks especially to christina who pointed out hte residence monge to me!! I ended up booking there for 80 euros a night. The jeanne d'arc and cardinal were 74 so we thought we would out in a bit extra and what we consider a little "splurge" in Paris for our 5 nights (I know that most fodorites are laughing at that thought)..
Thank you I don't think I will be disappointed!!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Renata, I think you'll enjoy staying there. I know a lot of folks like that hotel, although I haven't stayed there myself -- but, I know the area and it's very lively and more convenient, so I think it's worth the extra 15 euros between you two to stay there. I think you'll be glad.

I did post on the other thread but it got lost -- about how I knew AC wasn't always necessary in summer, but if you could get it for about the same price as without, I would get it just in case. Actually, right now Paris is kinda hot, I've been checking -- more than usual for June.