Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris hotel: Hotel d'Aubusson vs. Hotel Bel Ami

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to choose between these two hotels. Would appreciate your opinions.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM

Hi, I haven't stayed at either hotel. But the Bel Ami has a minimalist decor whereas the d' Aubusson is very traditional so they are quite different in style. I believe the d'Aubusson's rooms are larger than the Bel Ami's rooms. I passed by both hotels however and I really like the way the d'Aubusson looked. The Bel Ami's lobby looked so sparse and cold.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:50 AM

For me, d'Aubusson...........
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Both hotels are great. Standard rooms at D'Aubusson are, indeed, larger. Other than this, they have pretty much the same standard. Bel Ami, however, has added a spa lately, offering body work, sauna, beauty treatments, etc since January, 1st, 2005, and has two computers (one with American keyboard) at the guests disposal. On the other hand, D'Aubusson has a cozy piano bar, a pleasant place to hang out in the evenings, if one feels like.

I disagree that Bel Ami's lobby looks sparse and cold. Although it has a minimalist design, it's a very inviting lobby. We felt quite comfortable there, and have often relaxed sitting on the very comfortable sofas.

Bel Ami's location is quieter than Rue Dauphine, which has more traffic and traffic noise than Rue St. Benoît.

Bel Ami's lift was constantly out of service during my last stay. D'Aubusson's lift always worked well, and I stayed there three times.

Price wise, I found better deals at the Bel Ami. They have packages including breakfast, and/or dinner, museum tickets, etc.

I guess that choice depends on your criteria, what is important, or not so important.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM

keagan1, I've just read yopur other posts. I advise you, since you'll be in a single room, to chose D'Aubusson. I fear that at the Bel Ami you might find yourself in a very small room.

Besides, the piano bar will offer you some entertainment, if you decide to have some fun without leaving the grounds in the evenings.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Hi
did you see the answers that came in when you posted this question earlier this month?

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34599349
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

to the top
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 09:24 PM

Hotel D'Aubusson is the best! I stayed there last May and absolutely loved it. The rooms are large and nice, the employees are very helpful, and the neighborhood is amazing. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I can't wait to go back to Paris and stay there.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 09:27 PM

One more thing! If you do choose the d'Aubusson, make sure to request that your room isn't on the floor directly above the lobby. While we had a gorgeous, huge room, we were directly over the piano bar anad could hear music until about midnight or until we put earplugs in.