Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris Hotel Help (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-hotel-help-65780/)

Jim Mar 18th, 2000 08:29 PM

Paris Hotel Help

We Will be staying on Paris for 3 day / 2 night and want a great hotel in a great location. Can we walk to most places? What hotels would you recommend. (under $500US/night) <BR>Thanks !!

goforit Mar 18th, 2000 09:58 PM

Hi Jim: <BR> <BR>Why not the Ritz? You're only staying two nights, and it may be somewhat beyond the budget you stated, but if you want a Parisian hotel experience to remember, why not?

Jim Mar 19th, 2000 06:39 AM

Thanks.... what is not in walking distance ? Can we walk almost everywhere ?

Jim Mar 21st, 2000 05:12 PM

Any other hotel recommendations ????

Erin Mar 22nd, 2000 03:37 AM

Jim, <BR>I think no one has responded because "at less than $500/night"...the world is your oyster! I think most people on this forum are used to giving advice on hotels that are $150 or less. Some of the hotels I would love to stay in but can't afford are; The Ritz, the George V (newly refurbished and now part of the Four Seasons hotel group), or The Crillion. I'm sure there are others that I am forgetting. The Hotel du Louvre is also nice, but not in the same caliber as the others. Good Luck! <BR>

Jeff Mar 22nd, 2000 04:21 AM

Hi Jim, <BR> I think you should check out Hotel Costes close to Place Vendome. I've been told that it's the "in" hotel in Paris.

carol Mar 22nd, 2000 05:22 AM

IMO the Ritz is definitely the great hotel in Paris and in a great location on the Right Bank. It is very formal as behooves a legendary hotel. Less formal but equally wonderful hotels in the $400-$500 range are the Pavillion de la Reine in the Marais, the Relais Christine, the Relais St. Sulpice, the Montalembert in St. Germain. Hotelboulevard.com is a good website with pictures.

Eileen Mar 22nd, 2000 06:55 AM

Hi,Jim! My parents and I have stayed at Le Grand Hotel Inter-Continental and at Hotel Scribe; both of which are in the 9th arr. very close to the Opera. <BR> <BR>Try to contact the Inter-Continental chain. They usually have nice promotions. <BR>

Jim Mar 25th, 2000 06:52 AM

Thanks for all the help... if we could find a nice place close to everything for 200-300 we would love it.

diane Mar 25th, 2000 07:27 AM

I would highly recommend the Relais Christine. It is in a superb location and such a memorable place. We had a terrific experience there with the staff. It would be hard to find better other than the Ritz or the Crillion the very top names.

Bill Mar 25th, 2000 07:51 AM

Wanted to stay at the Hotel de Louvre, <BR>but the smaller and less espensive french hotels always a bigger attraction. <BR>The Hotel de Louvre always has glowing <BR>reports from the people who stay there <BR>and it is right on the plaza that the <BR>rue de Opera initiates. Walking distance to Louvre (1-2 blocks) Opera <BR>Granier (4-5 blocks) Notre Dame (5-6 <BR>blocks) Left bank (2-3 blocks). Great <BR>location and the price is from $200-300 per night so well withing your plans. Great restuarants abound in the <BR>area, and the Comedie Franchaise is just <BR>across the plaza. <BR>Have a wonderful trip. <BR>Bill