Paris hotel good for children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Husband, myself and my busy 5 year old are going July/06 for 3 days, one being Bastille Day, (would love to hear about where to go and see the parade and what else to do on the holiday)
I think I would like a hotel in St Germaine des Pres or Latin Quarters. Budget 200 euro's a night, need A/C and quite and a room to fit all of us.I am just starting to plan a 3 week trip-start in Paris, 1 week probably in south a France or Provence, 2 weeks in Tuscany, depart out of Rome.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM

check out hotel henri iv rive gauche on rue de st. jacques. We had a triple over christmas and it's a large room with a seperate sleeping area for your son (still in the same room as you but down a couple of steps from your bed). FGreat location, about 1.5 blocks from the seine and Notre dame. About 160e for a triple.

http://henri-paris-hotel.com/english/the-rooms-02.html
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 01:50 AM

The hotels at Disneyland Resort Paris are great for children, but it's a 45-minute RER ride into town. They used to even put chocolate milk and cereal into the minibars, and you could use washing machines for free, but I think Euro Disney is too cheap to do that now (I haven't checked in quite some time).
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM

When my brother-in-law and his family (14 yo son, 2 yo daughter) were in Paris last summer, they stayed at the Meridien Montparnasse precisely because it was family friendly--large rooms, AC, and good soundproofing. The staff were very helpful. They were able to get a room for less than $200 a night.
However, the hotel is short on charm and ambience--it's a large, corporate hotel and the decor is a bit outdated.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 11:21 AM

The parade is really a military review, I assume you know what that is. I imagine a 5-yr old might enjoy it anyway; the cavalry should be there, and some old tanks.

It is on the Champs-Elysees and starts at the Arc de Triomphe and goes near to the main military review stand which is around the FDR metro stop, I think (at the rond-point des Champs-Elysees). I viewed it near the Arc, so am not quite sure on that staging area, but I know it is more crowded down there. I just stood on the street and went about an hour or a bit more ahead of starting time. I could see okay, but a little kid couldn't. YOu may want to get there earlier if you really want a good spot. YOu can ask your hotel the exact start time, it will be in the papers--probably around 10-11 am.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 02:04 AM

Have a look at Hotel Suede Saint Germain in the 7th but at the border with the 6th so in Saint Germain des Pres...The hotel is a 3-star hotel, very nice, freindly staff and the size of the rooms is above French standards, it is why it is an interesting hotel to stay.
I hope this will help you.
http://www.sude-saint-germain.com
Have a nice trip in France