Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel -Golden Tulip Opera De Noailles ?

Jul 29th, 2001, 08:48 AM
A

Has anyone stayed at this hotel or know anything about it? Thanks.

Jan 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM

I have the same question
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:30 PM

I think this is where I stayed in 2004. It claimed to be a 4 star so it was a bit disappointing as we expected the full four star treatment and facilities. The front desk for example looks very cheap and the people were not too nice. However, the room was quite spacious as Paris rooms go and nicely decorated. The breakfast was OK and the hotel has a good location near the opera area. Go for it if you get a good rate and are not too fussy.
Pat
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:40 AM

We stayed there a couple of years ago and I was quite happy with it. Our friends got a deal on it via American Express or similar. It is somewhat in the new design hotel vein. I found the public rooms very nice--don't recall the reception being cheap, just minimalistic. The breakfast room was very nice with a modern light shaded by slips of paper placed at various angles with little clips--that sort of thing. there was a very nice library with fireplace and nice coffee table books. An interesting glass elevator also. Rooms were decorated in modernistic paintings with minimalist furniture. Not spacious but ok. One of the passages is nearby. If they're giving a good deal again, I'd say take it.
Jan 18th, 2007, 04:47 AM

I stayed at a Tulip hotel not far from the Opera Garnier. Is this the one? I thought it was very nice, with minimalist, modern decor. Lots of black laquer, if I remember correctly. I didn't find it cheap-feeling at all. And the staff was nice enough.