Reload this Page >

Paris hotel for family

Search

Paris hotel for family

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 11:01 PM
Barbara

Paris hotel for family

We will be in Paris for 1 week in June with our 7 year old. Any recommendations on hotels with great French atmosphere, decor and rooms that are big enough to be comfortable for 3 people. You tend to spend a little more time in your room when travelling with children, so it needs to be nice, but reasonable ($175 U.S. or less) and I prefer the 6th, 7th or 1st arrond.

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 12:54 PM
James

I would check http://www.france.com/ <BR>and go to the hotel guide link. <BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hot...ml?HotelID=470 is the link for one of the recommended hotels for family in the 7th Arrondissement.

Old Jan 9th, 2000, 01:10 PM
Lori

Barbara, <BR>Check the Best Western website - go to International. BW has lots of hotels in Paris (they are not like BW motels in the U.S., these are generally speaking small hotels (20-30 rooms) and are mostly very "French". I think there are a couple with "family rooms". They also have non-smoking rooms in most hotels if that is important to you.

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 12:18 PM
yoly

Go to Phenix hotel (2stars), it is not in the arrondisment you want but the location is very good!!! it is 3 blocks from the champs elyses and the Arch de Triumphe. I don't know why it is 2 stars the hotel is small but better than the one we stayed one night which claimed 3 stars and was very dark, no elevator and the sataff was not helpful at all. The staff is very friendly here and speak english, they have a triple room all the way in the attic, ask for the one with the big bathroom, it is on the right side coming out of the stairs(the elevator stop one floor below) because the other one is not nice. This room has 3 twin beds and face the street, I really like it and just in the corner there is a small pastry shop where you can have breakfast, and 2 blocks away you find Mcdonalds if your child miss it. The Big red buss stop at the end of the champs elyses and you can take it easyly because the hotel is a short walk, maybe 4 blocks. By the way the ticket for the bus is good for 2 days and you can find a discount cupon at the Tourist office that is right there at the champs elyses. <BR>Hotel Phenix <BR>5rue General Lanrezac, 17th arrondisment a triple cost 414fr. <BR>fax: 0144090121 <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 12:59 PM
Margo

Great hotel in 7e with family room <BR>PALAIS BOURBON: 49, rue Bourgogne. <BR>Tel: 0144113070. Fax: 0145552021. <BR>Web site: http://www.globe-market-com/ E-mail: [email protected] (32 rms., 25 w/toilet & bath or shower.) 495F/75EUR single; 625F/95EUR double; 740F/113EUR triple; 800F/122EUR quad. <BR>Air-conditioned (50% of the rms.). Breakfast (7:15-10am) at 22F pp. (I recommend you take it because it is so cheap.) Visa, MC. English spoken (Thierry), cable TV w/CNN, wonderful old country-style warm 2-bldg. hotel w/simply & individually furnished bright nice-size to large rms., modern large bathrooms, high ceilings, wooden flrs., most of the rooms are large enough for extra twin beds for triple or quads, #2 (king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & a/c) at 625F for a double; #4 (large rm w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds) at 625F; #1 (very large rm. w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & faces back) at 625F for a double; #26 (large attic 2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, a/c, minibar & sitting area) at 800F for a family; 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 19, 21, 24 (attic rm.), 25 (attic rm.) & 27 (attic rm.) are large rms. w/king-size beds or 2 twin beds at 625F for a double; 20 rms. w/minibars & hair driers, soundproofed, great breakfast rms., elevator, 5 flrs. Owned/managed by Mr. Thierry Claudon. Mr. Claudon tries very hard to be reserved but he is wonderful & cuddly like a teddy bear. He doesn’t like rude people on the phone and will tell you he is full if you are not pleasant. That would be a shame because this is a great hotel. Métro: Varenne. <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 01:28 PM
Topper

But Margo (Classe), you're giving away (on a half dozen recent posts) the very contents of your books! Looking for business?