Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Paris hotel for 3, how about Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche or ...?

Paris hotel for 3, how about Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche or ...?

Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:24 PM
Original Poster

Paris hotel for 3, how about Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche or ...?

Looking for a room for 2 adults & a 12 yr old for June 15 to 19/04. Not all the sites let you search for triples.

Stayed previously in Europe St Severin, but the rooms are small. Had a reservation for a triple -not enough room for us & the suitcases! Ended up upgrading to top floor suite, but it was overpriced for what you got- we were just too tired from our flight to look elsewhere. This time I'd like something a little nicer.

Here's what we're looking for: elevator, quiet, not over 210 Euro, within 2-3 blocks of a Metro, 3 to 4 star, a bit of character if possible.We really like the Latin Qtr area north of Saint Germain. We like to step out of the hotel & find a big selection of restaurants in the evening, we're usually tired from our daily adventures to venture far. We stayed in the Les Halles area before,it's convenient but isn't nice at night for a 12 yr old.

I was looking at Hotel du Levant, but searching here & tripadvisor it seems a bit sterile (& small rooms?). Others complained that they wouldn't want to stay on rue de le Harpe. Is that noisier than St Severin?.

The other that looks promising is Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche. It's new so I don't find as much info on it, none on this site, 3 good reviews on tripadvisor. Has anyone stayed here? No one mentioned if the rooms are smallish (the usual Paris size).
If you know of another hotel that fits the requirements please let me know!
I really need to book soon! Thanks
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:40 PM

I haven't stayed at the Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche. However, I have learned that the owners also own the Hotel Lutece and Deux Iles on Ile St. Louis and also the Hotel Galileo in the 8th district. So it's most likely a very nice hotel.
I think I read here recently that Hotel Bonaparte in St. Germain has triples but the hotel does not have a website. Rates are reasonable.
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:45 AM

Travelite, I am topping a post by Beatchick for you, she put together a great list of hotels with triple rooms and many people continued to contribute. The list includes websites and pricing. Good luck!
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Margie.

Something is wrong, I tried to do a search for my post & it doesn't show up. I tried "Paris hotel for 3" & "Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche ". The only way I could find it was to click on my screen name.

I went ahead & requested a reservation but would love to hear from someone who has stayed there. Also, in case there are no rooms I might try the Hotel du Levant.
Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:24 AM

HI--in March we stayed at BW Manoir Saint Germain, Paris, 153 Boulevard St Germain, Paris. Altho it was just my husband and me, the room they gave us was a triple. If your 12 y.o. does not mind sleeping on a single pull out couch, this might be an option for you. The king size bed for the adults was super comfortable!! The room would be tight w/3 but there was a large wardrobe/closet, so there would be space to stow all the luggage. We paid 185 euros for 2--the price for 3 is higher. The *best* feature of the hotel is the location. Around the corner, across the street and up and down Blvd St Germain are lots of cafes, brasseries, etc. The staff was unusually helpful and pleasant. I am not saying it is the best place we ever stayed, but it sounds like it might suit your particular needs/wants. It can be accessed on many sites, including the Best Western site with which it is affiliated. I did see some better prices on some of the other reservation sites. Our room was being reimbursed by a company my husband was consulting for, so I was not as dilligent in seeking the absolute best price I could have, and I am sure June is harder to get discounts than March, so it might be just as easy/quick to just go directly to the Best Western site if you are interested in this hotel. I also wonder if their affiliation with BW means that they save some rooms for the exclusive use of that connection. Sorry to be so long winded....Good luck.

Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:02 PM

I have not stayed at this hotel before but it had great reviews on a few sites. I booked a triple room with A/C for August. It is 110 Euro per night. Was told the room has a double bed and a single bed. Here is the contact info that came in the email from them:

HOTEL AGORA SAINT-GERMAIN
42, rue des Bernardins 75005 PARIS
TEL : 33.(0)1.46.34.13.00
FAX : 33.(0)1.46.34.75.05
E-MAIL : [email protected]
METRO : Maubert-Mutualite ( Line N?10 )
RER B : Saint-Michel / Notre-Dame ( Line B )
WEB SITE : www.agorasaintgermain.com
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
ita

it is probably too late to reserve, but I stayed in a spacious lovely triple room at des Grandes Ecoles. The only drawback was it was on the 3rd floor without an elevator. If this isn't a problem email them.
Apr 24th, 2004, 03:19 PM

The Hotel du Lys has a triple for 125 euro/night, inc. continental breakfast. No elevator but the triple is on the ground floor. Great area of St. Germain, couple minutes walk from either St. Michel or Odeon metro. 23,rue Serpente. Not luxurious, but very charming, clean. www.hoteldulys.com
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

The Hotel du Levant was full.I went ahead & reserved Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche. No one has mentioned staying there, I just hope the room is big enough to move around in (unlike the one last year in Europe St Severin).

The BW looks nice, but farther away from the area we want (N of St Germain in Latin Qtr). Looking at the BW website, some places seem to have nice character, not cookie cutter copies that I would think of with the name "Best Western".

The ones without an elevator are, on this trip, not an option. We are on an "around the world" trip & have several suitcases. We are living outside of N. America (our next stop) & we will be stocking up on goods/clothes that we can't get here. We have 3-4 lg suitcases & 3 roll ons. One duffle is stuffed into 2 empty nesting suitcases, on the way home it will be 6 suitcases!

Search this Thread