Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris hotel - central and economic (possible?)

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
After 10 days in Russia and Austria, I'll stay for 2 nights in Paris, so budget by then will be almost gone! Can you help me with a centrally located hotel at a moderate rate? A BB would work as long as the room has its own bathroom! Ideally, something around $100 /night at most.
I was suggested to get an IBIS hotel but there are so many that I can't figure out which location would be best. I want to be close to places we can walk to, but will also will go to Versailles, so has to have transportation nearby.
Thanks for your time!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:18 AM

You might like to try this one: http://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/ I have stayed twice, small room but clean, very centreally located, short distance walk to major sites & RER station to Versailles.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM

Are you talking about US$100? That's not much--it isn't a moderate rate, it is very cheap for a major European capital city. I think that's about 75 euro nowadays and that almost limits you to a 1* hotel, at least within central Paris. There aren't hardly any B&Bs in Paris. I thought most IBIS rooms were over that amount, actually, but if not, choose the one most central at the right price. There used to be one near Cambronne and a couple near Bastille, both would be fine. The one at Place d'Italie would be convenient, also, and the ones in Montparnasse.

I just checked Accor's website a bit and they don't seem to have hardly any at that price. I think the one at Alesia was listed for US$80, but the Bastille ones were $140 or something and all others I checked were way over $100. The Alesia one is on rue des Plantes but way down near bd Brunes, but now they have that tram going around the edge of Paris, so transportation might be okay. You might want something more central, unless you can find an Ibis in your budget -- the Tiquetonne has a great location.

Try the 1* Hotel Tiquetonne on the Right Bank. It is rated well for that level hotel by users and is in your budget. See it and more at
http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/hote...iquetonne.html

Not sure when you are going, if it's in mid-July through August, you can often get better deals as a lot of hotel rooms are marked down then.

I really liked the 2* Hotel Langlois
http://www.hotel-langlois.com/
It was a lovely hotel and much cheaper than most like that, but even it is 110 euro plus for a single.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks JudyC! Looks like it's exactly what we are looking for!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina. Yes I know $100 might not be enough for a reasonable place and we can certainly add some more up if needed (which I think it's going to happen!). We'll be there on May 6th for 2 nights.