Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris: Hotel Britannique, Hotel Abbaye -- Anyone opinions?

Old Oct 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already made reservations at Hotel Luxembourg Parc, but I am still searching for other hotels because I'm a little concerned I haven't read too many reviews about it.

I came across Hotel Britannique, which gets fabulous reviews on TripAdvisor and it's a great value. (almost too good to be true!) They only have a Standard Double room with queen bed available. All the Superior Kings are booked. Does anyone know if the standard doubles are small?

Some of the other hotels I'm still considering:

--Hotel de l'Abbaye
--Hotel d'Aubusson

We're looking for charming, with a touch of luxury for under 300 Euros. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Have not stayed there, but have no doubt that the Britannique is not in the same league as 'de l'Abbaye' and 'd'Aubusson', and I would expect their standard rooms to be quite small.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM

I haven't stayed at any but given a choice, I would keep the Luxembourg Parc as the location is good, the staff is good, andthe rooms look charming and spacious enough. While it costs 200 euro for a standard double room at the Luxembourg Parc with an additional 17 euro for breakfast I'd pay that instead of the 199 euro for a tiny standard room at L'Abbaye or over 300+ euro for a larger room or suite. Alot of people like the Hotel d' Aubusson and perhaps I'm missing something but the rooms don't look that charming especially for the high rates they charge.

As Travelnut mentions I don't think the Britannique is in the same league as the other hotels either. The prices seem pretty expensive for the type of room you get however.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM

You can read about the Luxembourg Parc at Trip Advisor (www.tripadvisor.com). It's been written about in Frommer's Paris 2006 as well.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I like the L'Abbaye have been their in past years but have not stayed at the Britannique. In summer it's delightful to have breakfast in the garden terrace and in winter the fire is going in the small bar area.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Brittanique just responded to my email. Their standard rooms are 11 sq. meters -- that is very small! While I don't mind a "cozy" room with my husband, I would rather pay 100 euro more for a slightly larger, more luxurious room.

Yes, I did read the reviews on TA about Luxembourg Parc. Mostly good reviews, just not too many of them, compared to some other hotels.

Travelnut - Thank you for clarifying Britannique is not in the same league as the others.. I think that helps me make my decision easier.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM

I believe L'Abbaye's standard rooms are as small as the Britannique's. Maybe their suites are much larger.