Reload this Page >

Paris- Hotel Bellchasse- Any experiences

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Curtis

We have reservations at the Bellchasse at 8 Rue De Bellchasse in Paris,and we would like some feedback on the hotel.<BR>Thanks

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Wayne

Curtis---I assume this is the Libertel Bellechasse, which is about half a block from the Seine and the Musee' d'Orsay. I've been in that hotel a few times, and always enjoyed it. It has an elevator but no A/C, which you normally don't need except possibly in July and August, and then not very often. The breakfast buffet when I was there was superb, served in the basement dining room. My only caution is that you need to ask to see the room first, because some of them are rather small. They all have ensuite bathrooms, which can be pretty small in some cases too. But I love the neighborhood, and the location can't be beat. It's an easy walk to the Louvre and many other attractions. The metro station is about 3 blocks down Bellechasse, and there is a really nice little bistro a couple of blocks down the street. The neighborhood is enjoyable just for walking around in the evening.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Patrick

Rather small is an understatement. We stayed there only one night before flying home. The room was so tiny, I went back to the registration and tryed to get a larger one, but it was all they had. We had a double bed, not two beds as requested. One side of the bed was against the wall, so you had to climb over each other to get there. On the other side of the bed was about a foot before you hit the desk -- you could turn sideways and fit between the desk and bed. At the foot of the bed was a small armoire, not deep enough to hang clothes in. You could only open the doors part way before the doors hit the foot of the bed. The bath was room for one person to stand, a tiny wall sink, the toilet and a small shower -- it reminded me of the "head" on a boat. The room was attractively decorated. What more can I say?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Fred

Here's what some people who stayed there had to say:<BR>Bellechasse Hotel (3 star left bank)-<BR>very pleasant. <BR>The room was small but tastefully decorated<BR>nice bathroom<BR>lobby personnel were very pleasant <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]<BR>not the hotel of our dreams in Paris but good.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Wayne

Although Patrick had a bad experience, one small room doesn't make a bad hotel. It is all the more reason to ask to see the room; or better still, when you make the reservation ask for a large room. They do have them, and they are nice. I have had a single room with a double bed plus a nice bath and plenty of room for two large stuffed chairs and a small desk. Request a larger room before you get there; at least they might save one of those for you. Get them to send you a response back which says you will have a large room.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Patrick

Wayne's point is good. And I did not say that it was a bad hotel. When we booked we requested "one of your largest, nicest rooms", but that is not what we got. Sure we asked to see the room first, but since that was the only one available -- what they had reserved and promised us (in writing) as one of their "largest, nicest rooms", and it was about 5 PM when we arrived, we didn't have much choice but to take it -- or else wander the streets looking for another place. Since we had booked about 6 months ahead, we weren't too happy. I'd prefer a hotel that tells you what kind of room you are getting, then stands by its promise. I'm sure part of the problem might have been that we were only staying one night, but they should have been upfront with us from the start if they couldn't promise a room larger than a closet. Incidentally, the price we paid was far from their lowest price. I don't care if some of their rooms are palatial. If they won't give you what they promise you, it really doesn't make much difference what kind of rooms their other guests are getting.