Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel 5th or 6th, large room

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 01:39 PM
elaine

Hi, I'm inquiring on behalf of a friend. He, his wife, and son will be going to Paris for a week in February. They want to stay in the 5th or 6th, near St Germain, rue du Buci, etc. They would like a large room that provides a large bed for the adults and another bed for the child, under $300 per night, preferably no more than $250. <BR>They have contacted several left bank hotels and have found that either they are offered a suite at $400 plus per night (and not very large at that) or a small double room plus roll-away bed which would be very crowded. <BR> <BR>They are considering staying at the hotel <BR>Lutetia which has offered them a "large" room with one large and one small bed. Any feedback on the Lutetia, or other suggestions? They have been to Paris many times, have already contacted the Angleterre, the St Peres, and the Universite.

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 05:12 AM
anne

Check with the lovely Hotel Des Grandes Ecoles, on Cardinal Lemoine in the Latin Quarter - larger rooms than most in this price range (500 ff double), and a lovely garden courtyard. o11-33-1-43-26-79-23.

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 06:41 AM
jeanne

I haven't stayed at the lutetia myself but it is a great location and very nice-lobby, etc. It was also the headquarters of the Nazi party during French occupation (just a bit of bizarre history) I am sure as hotels go-it would be nice-I like it because it is not quite as much in the center of the Latin Quarter and it is newer so it probably does has larger rooms than most. Another option is to rent an apartment-there are lots of sites on the web-look under apartment rentals in Europe. The only hitch is thatmany times they require a week stay and many people don't stay in one city for a week when they are teavelling Paris. It is great way to have better experience. Also, the home exchange sites many times have people who rent instead of exchange-so that is an option. Finally, there are flathotels in Paris-butthey are not generally in the heart of the tourist areas-so I would steer them away from there. <BR> <BR>Cardinel Lemoin is a good chice-also check out a site called paris.org. I think it is run by the tourist org of Paris and they have a section of 2000 hotels searchable by different criteria-that might be helpful.

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 07:08 AM
Flora

L'Hotel du Quai Voltaire, 19,quai Voltaire, Tel. 42-61-50-91 or Fax 42-61-62-26 is in the northeast corner of the 7th, about a ten minute walk from St. Germain and rue du Buci. It is five minutes east of the Musee D'Orsay and five minutes south of the Musee du Louvre. Rooms 14 and 24 are triples with three single beds and are offered at about 850ff per night. Oscar Wilde lived in Room 56 for years. <BR> <BR>The hotel directly faces the Seine and the floor to ceiling windows offer exceptional views. The windows are not double glazed, however, and there is street noise, so keep this in mind if you are a light sleeper.

Old Oct 24th, 1998, 06:00 PM
greg p

There is a very interesting hotel just around the corner on Rue St. Andres des Arts, named the Hotel St. Andres des Artes. It is eclectic but inexpensive $100 per night. If you want some good suggestions pick up Sandra Gustafson's book "Cheap Sleeps in Paris". She has the usual one and two stars, but also has some splurges. You should be able to find some great places in the $100 to 200 range, especially at that time of year. Good Luck.

Old Oct 24th, 1998, 08:46 PM
Phyllis

Hi. We stayed at Grand Hotel de l'Univers in July. It's on a pedestrian only street (Gregoire de Tours)in the 6me and right and about two doors from rue de Buci. Our room was small but I think they may have large ones.Good rate that included breakfast Great location. I can't remember the website that found it on but you can reach it through the dogpile.com search engine.

Old Oct 27th, 1998, 03:01 PM
judy

<BR>Hotel Des Marronniers, 21 Rue Jacob...we just stayed there.It would be perfect! GREAT location, quiet, HUGE triple room (actually 2 rooms), charming, garden, @ 950f/day...($160.) Also try Chez Vous at www.chezvous.com for an apartment. We also stayed at 12 Rue Jacob in a 2bed/2bath apart. that was "to die for"...@$500./day.

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 02:43 PM
Kathy

I just got back from Paris. We stayed in the 7th. Near Eiffel at the Derby Eiffel 3 adults for 750.00FF the room wasnt real big but had double bed and 1 single and nice size bathroom. We were 1 block away from Ecole Miliitaire Metro and there were a lot of nice cafes in the area but I think the next time I may ck out the hotels in the Latin Quarter. The Derby has a website www.derbyeiffelhotel.com it is a Best Western hotel

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 02:43 PM
Kathy

I just got back from Paris. We stayed in the 7th. Near Eiffel at the Derby Eiffel 3 adults for 750.00FF the room wasnt real big but had double bed and 1 single and nice size bathroom. We were 1 block away from Ecole Miliitaire Metro and there were a lot of nice cafes in the area but I think the next time I may ck out the hotels in the Latin Quarter. The Derby has a website www.derbyeiffelhotel.com it is a Best Western hotel