Paris hotel

Apr 24th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Pat

Paris hotel

I just discovered this forum in my search for a Paris hotel. I have reservations at three hotels in Paris for five days over Christmas. They are: Hotel Madison, Millesime Hotel, and Le Relais Hotel de Vieux Paris. There will be five of us: my husband and me, and our three daughters, eleven to twenty. I've reserved two rooms in each hotel. My husband wants space and a large bed. Any suggestions? Obviously, I must cancel two of them! Also, does everyone else have trouble getting through to Relais Medicis and Relais Saint-Germain? I'm having no luck with their fax machines and the reservation systems on the internet are no help. Thanks. This is a great board with lots of good ideas!

Apr 24th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Al Godon

I know nothing of the hotels you mention. Paris is, after all, full of hotels with less than 90 rooms. There must be several hundered of them.

The standard hotel room in Paris is small by our standards. Also most hotels offer twin beds. You might find a double in the US sense of the word.
There are even a few queen sized beds around. But in terms of space, you will not find something like a king suite at a Marriott Courtyard in most hotels.

Apr 25th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Jayelle

I stayed at the Madison during my trip to Paris last week. I had a standard double room with a boulevard view that looked out onto Boulevard St-Germain and the St-Germain des Pres church. I found the room to be larger than average by Paris standards, with plenty of room for two people to be comfortable without bumping into one another. There was plenty of closet space, room for luggage, and even double sinks in the bathroom.

Comments that I read about this hotel on the French Hotel Reservations Service web site (can be reached from france.com) also comment on the above-average room sizes.

I highly recommend the hotel. The staff is friendly, the buffet breakfast is good, and the location is really unbeatable.

Apr 26th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Pat

I would also like some feedback from anyone who has stayed at the Millesime. I am booked for our trip in July and would appreciate any comments.

Search this Thread