Paris honeymoon in November

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Angela

Paris honeymoon in November

My soon-to-be husband and I will honeymoon in Paris for six days in mid-November. We already have our hotel arranged, but I'm interested in suggestions for places to eat. We would like to have one very-special dinner and the rest of the week will probably focus on more reasonably priced restaurants (if we can find any). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:20 AM
elvira

Get it out of your mind that Paris food is expensive; it is not. You can find great food at "normal" prices throughout the city. If you do a search on this forum for Paris restaurants, you'll find dozens and dozens of recommendations.

There are also recos in those posts for 'special' restaurants like the Tour d'Argent, Taillevent, Jules Verne, the Guy Savoy and Alain Ducasse restaurants, the Pre Catalan....

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Gretchen

Not to worry--you will find MANY MANY reasonably priced excellent meals. Look at the thread for Paris restaurant suggestions to get a start. Paris is a travel bargain in my opinion. For your special dinner how about Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower. You will need to try to reserve immediately and I would throw in that it is your honeymoon for the begging!!

Sep 5th, 2001, 08:04 AM
Lizzie

Explore the website www.bonjourparis.com, especially the discussion/bulletin board on food and restaurants. You'll find good reviews of restaurants in every price range.

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Angela

Thank you all for the feedback. My boss also recommends PreCatalan. The Jules Verne also sounds very interesting.