Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris Here We Come (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-here-we-come-1075809/)

ceeast1 Oct 13th, 2015 05:42 AM

Paris Here We Come

My DH and I leave Sunday night for two weeks in Paris and a week in Istanbul. We usually stay longer in Paris so I'm feeling a little sorry for myself, but then perk up. I am in my usual "can't sleep at night so much to do how will I finish" mode but am assuming all will work out. The dogs get groomed Thursday and then off to their cousins, DH and I get groomed tomorrow, well, haircuts at least. The suitcases are nearly packed. Finally found the navigo cards and Louvre membership cards.

The week in Istanbul has friends and family concerned but I'm assuming we'll be fine. In Paris in the past I veered toward demonstrations and protests as a point of interest but am determined to be more sensible this trip.

At the end of the last trip in November I fell while gawking at a ceiling in a passage and hurt my elbow. Had an interesting and pleasant encounter with medical folks in Paris but am well and determined to be more careful. (Stand still before you look up).

This trip I'm hoping to write a bit every couple of days to help my friends and family understand why we keep coming back. Must go now and find those walks I printed out last year but have lost, and the scarves, and the tiny flashlight, etc.

tonfromleiden Oct 13th, 2015 05:49 AM

»Had an interesting and pleasant encounter with medical folks«
That's the spirit! My most beloved one fell from a step in Bologna. The wound on her head was such that I thought a visit to the »pronto soccorso« would be the sensible thing to do. The stay in the hospital from 23.00 to 02.30 was a funny experience.

paris1953 Oct 13th, 2015 08:04 AM

Looking forward to following your trip!

pariswat Oct 13th, 2015 08:13 AM

You've got the perfect mindset !
Go and enjoy.

opaldog Oct 13th, 2015 08:31 AM

Having just returned from a week in Paris I look forward to reading about your visit and seeing how you spend your two weeks there.

PegS Oct 13th, 2015 09:36 AM

Looking forward to your report! Of course I love Paris, but I really adore Istanbul so I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!

Nikki Oct 13th, 2015 12:32 PM

Don't worry if you can't find the scarves; I hear they sell those in Paris.

Have a great trip.

flpab Oct 13th, 2015 01:22 PM

At least the garbage strike is over. I think they had a big stinky mess to clean up. Hoping you have great weather. We were last week and had one very rainy day but the rest of the time partly sunny and not real cold.

kerouac Oct 13th, 2015 01:32 PM

Most of Paris didn't even have a garbage strike. It was in the tourist ghetto.

travelchat Oct 15th, 2015 07:36 AM

FYI: A Fodor GTG is scheduled for Wednesday, October 21 at Boullion Racine. So far there are about six of us planning to attend. The more, the merrier!

travelchat Oct 15th, 2015 07:42 AM

Oops - 5:00 pm meet up. :)

KTtravel Oct 15th, 2015 08:16 AM

Have you been to Istanbul before? I think you'll really enjoy it. Paris, of course, will be wonderful.

Bonnes vacances!