Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris GTG Sat. April 17th... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-gtg-sat-april-17th-420622/)

stormygirl Apr 9th, 2004 08:57 AM

Paris GTG Sat. April 17th...

So instead of hijaking the trip reports I thought I could get us our own thread!

I found some info on the wine shop La Derniere Goutte (The last drop)

address & phone:

6, Bourbon-le-Chateau 75006 Paris
01-43-29-11-62

Tasting hours: 11:00 to 1:30 and 4:00 to 7:30

So I would like to try to make it and the only thing I know my friend and I are doing before is the Pompidou. What time would work for melissa19, anotherjudy, anyone else??

stormygirl Apr 9th, 2004 11:21 AM

topping for melissa19

JulieVikmanis Apr 9th, 2004 11:29 AM

My husband and I and two of our friends will be in Paris on the 17th. We have dinner at Ze Kitchen Galerie in the 6th at 8 p.m. so we could meet for a tasting in the 6th (I think, need to check this on a map) sometime before the 7:30 end of the tasting. say around 6:30 or so. We'll be coming off a tour of the passages in the 9th and the 2nd. Probably return to hotel to change before going out for the evening. If it's easier, you may e-mail me directly at [email protected].

melissa19 Apr 9th, 2004 11:31 AM

got it . . .

anytime is good for me. did you get the tasting hours from someone else (besides what i got from the book)? we've no set plans until dinner. 5ish?

melissa19 Apr 9th, 2004 11:32 AM

6:30pm works for me!

JulieVikmanis Apr 9th, 2004 11:33 AM

Yes, just checked the map and La Derniere Goutte is not far from Ze Kitchen Galerie so we could make it (or at least I could, I'll have to poll the rest of the group) if it occurs later in the day/early evening.

anotherjudy Apr 9th, 2004 11:36 AM

I will be there. The evening works better for me than the mid-day. I don't have dinner reservations yet and I will probably make them for 7:30 or 8 and make them somewhere nearby. Sounds like fun.
Judy Coffman
[email protected]

anotherjudy Apr 9th, 2004 11:39 AM

Good grief! This place is practically around the corner from my hotel. How handy!

anotherjudy Apr 9th, 2004 02:18 PM

ttt

stormygirl Apr 9th, 2004 06:33 PM

I found the hours online so I'm hoping they are accurate! I'm going to try to come by on Sat. are we thinking 5?

My girlfriend and I are both in our mid 30's. She has long dark hair and I have medium blonde hair.

anotherjudy Apr 9th, 2004 06:48 PM

5 is fine with me.
I will be alone. I am short, "pleasingly" plump with very short hair which is dark and quickly turning grey (that's OK - I'm 60). And I wear glasses.
See you on the 17th.
Judy

melissa19 Apr 10th, 2004 02:52 AM

oh, i thought it was 6:30pm (see msgs. above). but anytime is good for me, since our dinner reservations won't be before 7:30. what about 5:30 or 6pm so julie and her friends can come? of course, we could be there for some time!

my husband (joseph) and i are blonde, 40ish, and wear glasses.

JulieVikmanis Apr 10th, 2004 09:20 AM

I could probably get there by 6. I'm more than pleasingly plump, white haired and celebrating my 59th birthday tomorrow. Whatshisname the husband is still pretty good for 62 and our friends are short, trim and adorable--wouldn't you just know it. I'll try to wear a red carnation. Stormygirl, do you want to digest all of this and call a definite time--looks like location is definitely set. I'll try to make whatever you decide. Thanks for starting this. I went to the Naples GTG (the FL one that is) and enjoyed meeting everyone.

OliveOyl Apr 10th, 2004 09:31 AM

I'm jealous...wish I could be there too! You all have a great time, and we want pictures, please. Anotherjudy, did the Dallas one ever happen? It sounded as if participants were dropping like flies as it got closer.

Flyboy Apr 10th, 2004 09:43 AM

You will the La Derniere Goutte. Here's the link to my notes on it:

http://www.igougo.com/planning/journ...;EntryID=25662

Happy contrails!

anotherjudy Apr 10th, 2004 11:00 AM

I am very flexible so I will leave the time decision to those who have more of a schedule to meet.
Judy

melissa19 Apr 10th, 2004 11:05 AM

we're flexible, too. just found out our dinner reservations are for 8pm, over in the 7th. shall we say 6pm? stormygirl, you make the last call . . .

stormygirl Apr 11th, 2004 09:00 AM

Ok I don't think I should be making the final call as I am at the mercy of my friends schedule as to if we will be there or not but let's say 6pm!

I hope to be able to come and meet everyone. Now off to make some packing decisions. Sun/rain/warm/cold! Spring is a tough one!!! :)

JulieVikmanis Apr 11th, 2004 09:42 AM

Great. We'll see you all at 6 p.m. at La Derniere Goutte on April 17. Bon Voyage.

Iregeo Apr 11th, 2004 09:51 AM

I hope you all have a great gtg. Keep an eye on your numbers. This place was tiny. If your numbers grow, maybe you want a close-by back up cafe. Not trying to burst your bubble; just trying to be helpful.