Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris GTG Friday October 14th. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-gtg-friday-october-14th-1135667/)

kwren Oct 11th, 2016 04:23 AM

Paris GTG Friday October 14th.

Bonjour fellow Paris Travelers!

Our get together for this Friday, October 14th is shaping up nicely! I have made a tentative dinner reservation for 8 people at a suggested restaurant Le Petit Pointoise, at 7 o'clock. It's in the St Germaine area, 9 rue Pointoise. I say tentative because I have to wait for the confirmation.

In the meantime please see below and confirm that you are coming or add your name to the list so we can have all the information together on this thread. Hope to see you there!

Kwren + DH
Lynn + DD
Traviata + DH
Sarastro + DW

Traviata Oct 11th, 2016 06:49 AM

Kwren...we will be there !!They are not so big, so we should lock in our reservations soonest.....

Sarastro Oct 11th, 2016 06:53 AM

We will be there as well.

Traviata is correct, the sooner the number is confirmed, the better it will be for everyone; the restaurant in particular.

kwren Oct 11th, 2016 10:12 AM

I sent a reservation request this morning but I haven't heard back yet. I'll post as soon as its confirmed.

kwren Oct 11th, 2016 12:04 PM

Ok we can eat there Friday (!), but the restaurant asked if we could come at 6:30 instead of at 7. They have a large group coming at 9. My husband and I, and Lynn and DD, don't care either way (we know it's a bit on the early side) but I didn't want to answer them until giving everyone the chance to give their opinion. I think we could go at 7 if we would insist but the restaurant would be happier with 6:30.

Please let me know as soon as you can then I will let them know - is 6:30 ok?

Traviata Oct 11th, 2016 12:16 PM

We will be there at 6:30 and looking forward to it!

kwren Oct 11th, 2016 12:19 PM

Let me hear from everyone first - I will confirm here! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sarastro Oct 11th, 2016 01:48 PM

kwren - 19h00 is doable but a bit early for us. 18h30 is not possible as we must pickup our daughter at school. It is very difficult to arrange things such as this for a group and your efforts are to be commended.

kwren Oct 11th, 2016 09:55 PM

I wrote back to the restaurant anout the 7:00 time late last night. I'll post their response when I hear back so everyone check back tonight!

Traviata Oct 12th, 2016 02:32 AM

We have just walked by the restaurant and checked to be sure all was in order.....they said 7:00 would be fine......soooo...see all of you there! And yes, kwren, thanks for doing all the coordinating.

Sarastro Oct 12th, 2016 03:35 AM

See everyone on Friday. This will be our first time at this restaurant and we are looking forward to meeting everyone.

kwren Oct 12th, 2016 12:52 PM

Yes, FINAL ANSWER...

Friday, October 14
7:00 - I explained that we wanted everyone to attend and they were very nice about it

Le Petit Pointoise
9 rue Pointoise

Lepetitpontoise.fr

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

kwren Oct 15th, 2016 12:49 AM

What a great gtg! Thanks for coming everyone. I enjoyed meeting you all and hope to see you again at future gtgs!

Traviata Oct 15th, 2016 03:35 AM

We, too, really enjoyed it. Wonderful to meet all of you and put faces to names. Again, kwren, thanks for all your efforts to make it happen.

We are ready to do it again!!!

kwren Oct 17th, 2016 06:58 PM

Hi traviata! We made it to the Sunday Bastille market and it was as good as you said it would be! Only problem...we didn't eat anything because we had plans to go to Angelina and the Jules Verne that day! Next time! Thanks for the recommendation.

Traviata Oct 17th, 2016 11:01 PM

Yes, kwren......."next time".....let's hope there will be one soon. Glad you enjoyed the market..... Hope JV was a special celebration for you!