Paris - France Ma Douce Shop

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris - France Ma Douce Shop

A friend who is not online - wants to know more about this shop. She was suppose to go to Aix, but that portion of her trip was cancelled and she wants to buy some things from Provance during her time in Paris. She has the address, hours, etc. of the store, and through my Search here, I know that they sell one of my all time favorite candies Fleur de Sel Caramels, but that's all I can find out about the shop.

Her hotel is nearby and she will make a point of going there, but she is curious about what kind of things they sell. Plus - I have been giving her BROAD hints about bringing some home for me, so this is not an entirely unselfish post for a friend

Now that I know about it and the caramels, I will probably go there too, in December, although I know of other places to buy them too.

Thanks,

Nina
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM

http://www.francemadouce.com/
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Travelnut. DH liked the straw hats on the site - said that we could paint ourselves into Renoir's Boathouse Hey, it almost the end of his workday and it is Monday, so he deserves a little silliness.

Is France Ma Douce worth a visit?
My friend also likes a store on r. de Seine, she knows the name, I don't, that has according to her, wonderful fabrics and ready made things from Provence. She shops there on each trip and is always looking for other stores that carry items from Provence.

She is very disappointed that her tour company cancelled that part of her barge tour because not enough people signed up for it. It was to be before the barge portion, and they unexpectedly cancelled it a few months after she had booked it.
This is my 80 year old friend and I so admire her for taking this trip SOLO, even though she had traveled extensively in France for years with her now deceased husband.

Any other suggestions for stores in Paris that carry items from Provence. She'll only have four days in Paris and has a lot of place to visit and re-visit.

Thanks,

Nina

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM

Your friend is probably talking about Souleiado on rue de Seine. Les Olivades is another shop that sells beautiful provencal fabrics, etc. There is also another place near (or at) the corner of rue Bonaparte and rue Jacob that has articles from southern France. I think it has "Ivoire" in its name?
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:39 PM

Just check it out: both Souleiado and Les Olivades are on rue de Seine. If your friend knows one, she probably is aware of the other.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks grandmare, the store that she knows is Souleiado, I remember her telling me the name. I'll ask her about the other one.

Nina
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
La Maison Ivre, 38 rue Jacob. Wonderful selection of pottery. The owner travels to villages in the south of France meeting potters and buying pottery for the shop. Sounds like my dream job.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:55 AM

Souleiado has beautiful fabrics if that's what you are looking for.

If you are ever down south and love Souleiado fabrics, take the Souleiado tour in Tarascon. You see the printing process and history of the fabrics. It was really interesting.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:04 AM

La Tuile a Loup
35 Rue Daubenton
01 47 07 28 90
http://www.latuilealoup.com/
(5th, Monge area near Censieur-Daubenton)

I really wanted to get to this shop when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago. It looks delightful. But it was closed when we were in that area on Sunday.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The Souleiado shop in Tarascon was sold by the long time Demery family. I hope they don't take the quality away. I bought two skirts and a top last year at their yearly sale..
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:40 AM

Yes, Nikki, La Maison d'Ivre is it. And wouldn't that be a dream job?

Jeanne, I've never gotten to La Tuile a Loup and always mean to--next trip!

Mimi, I sure hope Souleiado doesn't change quality either; they and Olivades have the most lovely cotton. I have table linens and don't even have to iron them.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM

BKM for trip in December
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:01 AM

La Tuile a Loup, is really worth the trip! It took me 3 tries in 3 trips before I finally found it open..so check their hours!
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

I went to La Tuile A Loup last year. So many lovely things. I fell in love with a cat tea pot, the tail was the handle. With the cost and the shipping, as it would have been too large when boxed to put in my carryon - it would have been over $300.00. I couldn't justify it to myself, so I talked myself out of it.

They had many lovely handmade pieces there. I will return...

Nina