Reload this Page >

Paris France and then what!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 04:02 PM
casey

I am travelling to Paris this summer for two weeks in July--july 5-18. I am not sure where to tour in France after spending a few days in Paris. Any suggestions

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 06:19 PM
Randy

Casey: I have been to France three times and plan the forth trip in September. I went to Paris on each trip. Last year I spent two weeks in Paris and a three day side trip to some of the Châteaux in the Loire Valley. My suggestion would be to base your self out of Paris and take some of the many half day or one day side trips out of Paris. Paris is a fantastic city and you might consider spending a three of for days in Paris to get a feel for it and them take a few trips that might be of interest to you, like, Versailles, Châteaux of the Loire Valley, Mont Saint Michelle, Normandy, Monet's home in Girveney, etc. You may decide to stay in Paris, there is more than enough to keep you busy. <BR>Bon Voyage!

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:06 AM
steve

Don't forget Chartres. Take the Malcolm Miller tour at least once (if you like it, take it again because he will change the content to reflect your having aready taken it once) <BR> <BR>Even if you detest cathedrals, take the tour

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:22 AM
Fred

That's entirely personal preference - depends what you're interested in. If you want wine, vineyards and tastings, your best bet is Bordeaux or Burgundy. My favorite area is Alsace, the area near Colmar and the little wine towns. Provence is probably the favorite area of the majority of people with the mountain villages. Normandy and the D-Day Beaches are great, the coastal fishing villages of Brittany also. Read some guide books of France and see what appeals to you. You really can't go wrong wherever you go. For more Paris information e-mail me - [email protected]

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 07:17 AM
Dick

We took the train to Lyon (2 hour ride)then rented a car. Drove 1 hour to Annecy--beautiful lake and town--tall mountains in the background and great food. Only 1 hour to Mt Blanc in Chamonix. Very relaxing area to be in if you have spent a lot of time in the city.