My wife and I will be travelling to Paris for the first time in April. We will be staying at an apartment hotel with a full kitchen for seven days. We plan to cook most of our meals with goods from the local fresh markets. Please provide any suggestions or recommendation on what to buy and where. We are staying in an area filled with little shops, markets, quiet streets and small gardens close to the The Parc Georges Brassens. We plan to use public transportation. Aside from the major sites (Louvre, Arc De Triomphe, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower) we would like visit as many non-touristy and charming places as possible. We would like to experience the culture and the romance that Paris is known for. Also, I have heard that the more touristy sites have long lines that can be very time consuming. What are the best times that we can beat the crowds and are there any places that we should avoid completely? I know that the Louvre is massive; any suggestions regarding what to focus on in the span of a few hours? I also speak some French and I plan to brush up before our trip. Is it preferable to (try to) speak French while in Paris?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to the responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 2 Barcelona tour option help please
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Easter Week in Italy
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 14 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 15 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 18 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 19 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 20 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Moscow Hotels
- 23 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 24 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 25 Dublin to Donegal
Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience