Paris Early November with Toddler

Sep 9th, 2007, 06:35 PM
tpl
Original Poster

Paris Early November with Toddler

Hello,

I've been to Paris several times over the years, but never with a child. My husband and I will be spending 2 weeks in Paris early November with our 2 1/2 year-old daughter, and I'm looking for suggestions. She's a good walker and an adventurous eater. I do think the Museum of Magic will be a good place to take her -- I remember them doing a great little magic show, mostly for kids.

We're mainly planning on walking around and exploring at a different pace than in the past. Does anyone know if the parks will have shut down some of the more 'kid-friendly' attractions for the season (like the sailboats in Lux Gardens)? In addition to museums, I'd also appreciate any suggestions for indoor activities in case of poor weather.

She does fine eating out at home, so I'm hoping that will translate well -- any casual restaurants you'd like to recommend? Also, do the French generally use booster seats or high chairs?

Finally, are the taxis equipped to take car seats?

TIA for your help.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
BKP

We only found high chairs at one restaurant, Hippopatamus (sp?). It's sort of like a Red Robin -- kid friendly but not very good food. For the other restaurants (always cafes, nothing fancy) we just pulled our stoller up to the table. The waitstaff was always very accomodating -- moving tables and chairs for us. We've been to Paris with and without our toddler and we prefer with! The Parisians loved our son -- everyone talked to him and played with him. It was fantastic! Have fun!
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Check out the Paris with Children thread on the bonjourparis.com web site. Lots of good information.
Sep 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM
tpl
Original Poster

Underhill -- is there a specific link from the bonjourparis website? For some reason I'm not finding it. I'm not a premium member, if that matters. Thanks
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:02 PM

tpl:

http://discussion.bonjourparis.com/

Scroll down to Traveling with Children or Teenagers.

You do not have to be a premium member to read/participate in the "Discussions".
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM

PS I have not noticed booster seats or high chairs at most places.

One place that does have them, and is very family friendly, is Chez Flottes. There's a website with the menu in English.
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:51 PM
tpl
Original Poster

Thanks, I found the forum. Not a ton there, but helpful. I think we'll be fine without a high chair -- looking back, I realize they're not so common in Paris. We'll be eating casually enough or dining in our apartment that it won't make much of a difference.